Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best sophomore in the mountains?
Catsfan80 Wrote:# 88 from kcc is also a sophmore he made a awsome catch last night against us at brethitt anybody know who he is??

His Name Is Josh Richardson He Has Good Hands And Good Speed...He Will be a Big Impact to the Patriots Offense the next couple of years...
Daniel Harmon is easily the best Soph in the mountains,,,
Kelly RB of SC has to be mentioned.
Andrew Elkins DB/QB of Belfry and Ivan Lee FB/DL
From Belfry, I see the most "star power" from Elkins and Lee, but there are many more who are going to be excellent players:

Dotson, Webb, Coleman, etc. These guys are all seeing big time minutes.

IMO, Elkins seems to have all the intangables. He has a nice arm, decent speed, good instincts, and handles the ball well. I think he COULD be great, but I don't think anyone will deny the kid is something of a ? at this time. He is a kid doing exeptionally well for his maturity. If he dedicates all out to an off-season regime to gain weight and muscle, he will be awesome. If he comes in next year at 185 lbs, I think he may be the talk of the mountains. If he goes through the motions and gains a few lbs and a bit of strength, he will be OK but won't live up to his potential IMO.
Also, I have come to respect Coach Hawyood, ALMOST being comment. BUT, if I were in his shoes (and its easy to Monday morning QB) I would have worked Lee in at fullback and perhaps even tailback early in some games. I also would not have been hesitant to give Hickman a few more carries early in semi-big games (see last night).

IMO guys like Corey, Dustin, and at this point G know there job and understand whats at stake.

Some of the blowout games would IMO have been great oppurtunites to get some of the backups in the game to play along with the rest of the number 1's. Why not run a backfield of Hickman, Chapman, Lee when your up 21 vip against a team like East Ridge? I know you want to reward your studs, but Belfry football has never been about any individual.

Oh well. A topic that frankly is worth a little discussion, but not much beyond that. In the end, lets get ready to make the best run we can Pirates!
^^^Not a Belfry thread! Who do you think is the best soph. in the mtns???
Tyler Olinger of Hazard , and also Micheal Campbell of Hazard , Harmon of Pville these kids could play college ball if they keep getting better
# 32 from sc ryan kelly
Daniel Harmon from Pikeville
Andrew Branham and David Walker from Jenkins
GridironGang1 Wrote:Tyler Olinger of Hazard , and also Micheal Campbell of Hazard , Harmon of Pville these kids could play college ball if they keep getting better
I've heard that cambell will not be able to participate in his senior season because of age. Is this true?
TakeItToTheHouse Wrote:I've heard that cambell will not be able to participate in his senior season because of age. Is this true?
absolutely not olinger and campbell are the same age , this team will be hard to beat when they are seniors
Kelly SC
Harmon form Pikeville, and Mitchell from SV
kysportsguru Wrote:Harmon form Pikeville, and Mitchell from SV

Definately agree!
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Definately agree!

Got that Right!!!!!!!!!!
you are from valley right
are you a boy or girl
for sure! Harmon has loads of talent in every sport he plays
he pritty good.. it think hes gonna be a better QB for leslie then his brother was..
LCHS56 Wrote:Jimmy Joe Morgan-Leslie
Ryan Kelly
Harmon-Pikeville
Seth Setser and Allen Craynon!
Zack Lewis - Clay Co.

Leads the state in Passing yards with over 3,000. Amazing numbers for a Sophmore.
Mitchell from SV
Boomer86 Wrote:Harmon-Pikeville

isnt he post to be a junior or senior
He is a Soph and will play through his senior year.
NYY10 Wrote:isnt he post to be a junior or senior
Call me dumb but isn't it supposed to be "supposed".
And he is a sophomore.
HazzBeen Wrote:He is a sophmore? He might be the best running back period. Harmon is tough, but he isn't putting numbers up like Grimm.

thats because hes a junior...lol
i believe that casey brown is on his way to becoming THE best d-lineman in the region. he might not be there now, but he is gonna be great! his brother ryan brown didnt really start standing out until his late junior year and look where he is now. brown is on his way!
im sure every team has at least one guy thats supposed to be a grade higher than what he is lol
Ryan Kelly SC
I believe that Casey Brown will be good in a year or so. Both of his brothers were pretty good. I feel sorry for him though having to play for Paintsville. They aren't very good.