Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strong to become next coach at Texas
LEXINGTON, Ky. (WKYT) - Louisville coach Charlie Strong is expected to become the next football coach at Texas.

Bobby Burton, from Horns247.com, is reporting that Strong will accept the Longhorns offer to replace Mack Brown, who resigned last month.

Strong has spent the past four seasons at Louisville.
http://www.wkyt.com/sports/headlines/Rep...77331.html
I was kind of hoping he would end up at Miami with Golden likely going to Penn State. He would have Miami back as a top 10 program in little time with the way he recruits the area and develops players.

However, he'll be a good hire for Texas. To me, Strong seems like a laid back kind of guy, so I'm not sure how well he'll handle the constant pressure to want more and more each season at Texas. I think James Franklin would have been suited for that kind of atmosphere better. But if they'll let the man coach, then he'll do a great job for the Longhorns.

Will be interesting to see where James Franklin ends up now. Louisville will likely give him a call, but I'm not sure how interested he would be. I'm guessing he'll hold out for the Miami job if it opens up. Coaching another year at Vandy wouldn't be so bad, when most expect Florida to open up after next season.

Does Louisville give Petrino a call? Maybe, especially if they want to keep competing highly and they'll be in the ACC next fall. Duke 247 website reported that Louisville has been in contact with Cutcliffe, but I don't see him leaving Duke at this point. He isn't getting any younger and he has it made there right now.
I could see Petrino going to the ville. Since they are going to the acc next season. That would put in a bigger conference with a chance to get into the mix to play for the title. Louisville has the money to throw out there to him if they want to make the move..
He HAS NOT accepted the job yet. He told UofL AD Jurich last night that he had plans on accepting the Texas job but has not yet made a decision. Still not a decision this morning...
^ He's gone!

I really like Charley and hope he can build the Texas program back to national prominence! Charley can recruit, so this looks like a good fit!
He'll be under some intense scrutiny in Longhorn country. I wish him well. I'd be shocked if Louisville considered Petronius. I think he still has to prove he can play nice with others than his female staff for another year.

Consider WKU his probationary stepping stone.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
For UKs sake, lets hope Lville doesn't hire Petrino back.

We will lose every year.
If Jurich hires Petrino it will cost BARNHEAD his job.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:For UKs sake, lets hope Lville doesn't hire Petrino back.

We will lose every year.

no way Loserville ever hires him back,they just got lined out from when he left them in a mess 10 yrs ago,lol
Official word from Louisville.. Strong is heading to Texas.. Best of luck to a heck of a good coach.
I would love for petrino to go to U of L cause if stoops beats western it doesn't matter. But if he beats him at louisville the he proves himself the better coach

We will lose every year.

They do as it is. Like to see Petrino stay st WKU for about 5 years. Think he would turn the Toppers into that team nobody out of coference wants to play. Love his play calling.

We will lose every year.

UK would lose every year with Strong as head coach, wouldn't be much be any different
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:I would love for petrino to go to U of L cause if stoops beats western it doesn't matter. But if he beats him at louisville the he proves himself the better coach

:hilarious: Let Stoops get UK out of the SEC basement first. Crawl before you walk.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:I would love for petrino to go to U of L cause if stoops beats western it doesn't matter. But if he beats him at louisville the he proves himself the better coach

Start with Kentucky has no business playing Western unless it's a guaranteed game where we give them a couple hundred thousand to kick there buts. And we are supposed to be doing to Louisville what Florida is doing to us about 25 in a row.
I will bet Louisville has a coach before Whitley.
^
:truestory:
Some of you don't get it. Pitino, after his scandal has become a completely different man. I don't think Petrino would do something that stupid again. And he could gain a measure of redemption with the U of L fan base. The guy is a genius when it comes to detail and offense. And he didn't leave U of L in a mess. The cupboard was far from bare. Read the story by Eric Crawford on Petrino. UK fans need to ask Calipari what his now wife's status was when they locked up before pointing out other coaches misgivings. Cheating is cheating...you don't cheat a little bit. Jurich will make the right hire for the program.
Why would they want Rich Rod, he as already proven he can't coach BIGBOY football. If you can call the big ten BIGBOY football.
Lol. Yeah, Lil Ricky is just a saint now.

Only reason Scumbag would want to go back to little brother is to try and springboard to something bigger.