Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toussaints All-1A Team
Here's my All-1A Team, they are in order of position, then alphabetical order by last name. Again, players can only be in one spot, but they're play in other positions did contribute. Tell me what you think

Class 1A

QB: Barrett Croslin, Russellville
QB: Jake Guhy, Mayfield

RB: Daylin Beach, Raceland
RB: Chase Hall, Pikeville
RB: Brandon Jones, Hazard

WR: Cody Estep, Pikeville
WR: Chris Hudson, Hazard
WR: Deion Jackson, Mayfield
WR: Corey Shelton, Williamsburg

OL: Mac Boggs, Raceland
OL: Kyle Downing, Mayfield
OL: Matt Hubbard, Pineville
OL: C.J. Jacoby, Lou. Holy Cross
OL: Cody McPeek, Fairview
OL: Gage Morrison, Pikeville

DL: Kel Carmen, Mayfield
DL: Alec Hazeres, Bellevue
DL: Chris Helton, Williamsburg
DL: Alec Risner, Raceland
DL: Emilio Zayas, Kentucky Country Day

LB: Kody Arnett, Hazard
LB: Devon Everett, Beechwood
LB: Rashawn Jones, Russellville
LB: Jefferson Patrick, Williamsburg
LB: Malik Washington, Paris

DB: Shelby Armstrong, Eminence
DB: Lane Daniels, Paintsville
DB: Chase Sevic, Mayfield
DB: Max Shover, Beechwood
DB: Tre Winkfield, Frankfort

K: Austin Douglas, Bethlehem
P: Luke Wynstra, Mayfield
R: Trevor Stephens, Caverna
R: Jalen Washington, Frankfort
Looks good to me I would have love to seen Qb Dalton Sizemore from williamsburg ...But hey you did a great job. :betterthanexpected:
According to the khsaa web site Russellville qb had the following passing
Yards in these games

Trigg. 57
Fort Campbell 89
Butler. 76
Ky country day. 30
South warren. 62
Mayfield. 0
Mayfield playoff. 38

Got to go with Dalton Sizemore Williamsburg 2868 passing yards 31 TD
511 rushing. 12 TD
Carrier 8617 yards passing 93td 1870 rushing 27 rushing TD
Looks good! Appreciate the time that went into doing this!
Well done.
There were 2 guys that I tried moving mountains to get on there, but just didn't know how to. Sizemore from Williamsburg and Ackerson from Bellevue. It's hard for 1A and 2A as you'll see tomorrow because a lot of guys played both ways and special teams and you don't know what to do with them.

All that being said, it was still a ton of fun to do.
I do feel that this team could be competetive in the first 3 classes. That oline and backfield would create a bad backfield. Especially running a triple option. Couple that with the recievers outside that wouldnt allow def to stack the box. I would love to see a ky vs tn small school allstar game. With this team as the roster.
That dline is impressive as well. Nice work
toussaints Wrote:There were 2 guys that I tried moving mountains to get on there, but just didn't know how to. Sizemore from Williamsburg and Ackerson from Bellevue. It's hard for 1A and 2A as you'll see tomorrow because a lot of guys played both ways and special teams and you don't know what to do with them.

All that being said, it was still a ton of fun to do.

You didn't list them as special teams you listed the 2nd best qb in 1a, give us your reason, and what you based this on. Bellevue qb had 18 interceptions and didn't play the schedule that Williamsburg played.
How could you leave off skylar Griffith wide receiver from Williamsburg , at the end of the season was 5th all time receiver in the state before his senior year and has another year to go, and was injured in the state championship game. Sorry just don't agree not reconizing a kid that very well could be states all time leader in receiving
^As far as Sizemore, Croslin didn't put up the passing numbers Sizemore did cause Croslin was a dual threat QB and tore defenses apart in the option game. And Ackerson still put up huge numbers, but the INTs ultimately kept him off.

Also, I know Griffith had an incredible season, so did the others I have on there. I picked Shelton over Griffith because of yardage and tds. plus, my picks are based on this season only.
Glad to see Kyle Downing and Kel Carmen from Mayfield on there, but, I think I'd swap them up and put Downing on the DL and Carmen on the OL. That was there best positions. Not sure I wouldn't have had John Hayden on the DL ahead of either one of them. He was probably as deserving of any.
These are awesome toussaints..thanks for doing these!
Very well done, I don't think anyone could do any better. There are some who you can make arguments for but at the end of the day your picks are solid
There are always arguments that can be made an any "all-star" team line-ups. Even if they are nothing more than on paper. Kids get left out. That's just the way it goes. Sizemore should have been included, without him, it would have been Raceland in the title game instead of Williamsburg. He was responsible for all but one of their TDs I believe.

But like I said, it is what it is. I feel like Conner Messer and Maverick Dixon should have been included in the list as well. There are also comparisons at positions as well. This was one of the best secondary classes I have seen from 1A in many years. A lot of teams had really good pass defenses. Much like an offensive line provides numbers for RBs and give QBs time, the secondary, especially in HS football provides time for the dline and lbs to get to the QB. Kids get left out and that's the way it goes hats off to Toussaints for taking the time to make the lists. Always fun when something can spark a healthy discussion on players. The more people talk about them, the better chance they have at recognition. All of these kids on this list deserve a shot a playing at the next level.
I would swap positions with Carmen and Kyle Downing. Downing was much better on d line than o line. Carmen was much better on O line than anyone I saw in 1a.
I feel Sizemore should have made the list, but other than that good list!
Honestly i know the hype with Cody McPeek from Fairview , but Fairview Tackle Anthony Roark was quite better than McPeek , & i feel one of the most underrated lineman in 1A . The kid was a beast , & had a good level head on him
^^^Agreed. Maybe it is age/experience but Roarks footwork and monikity were heads and shoulders above McPeak. I think the name gave Cody a leg up in many ways. Not saying he got special treatment, but I do think the name had alot to do with his notoriety. Roark was a better lineman than Cody was.
Looks really good.. I think Connor Messer from Raceland should have been on there somewhere. Extremely versatile player, has scored in probably every way possible throughout his hs career. Messer one of the top athletes in the state in Class A.
I understand Shelby Armstrong from Eminence had over 1000 rushing yards pretty impressive he also was awarded "Defensive Back of the year" by the Pioneer Athletic Conference
Shelby Armstrong from Eminence acquired over 1000 rushing yards in a season
Looks real good to me. Appreciate the work you've put into this. Much thanks!