Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Courier-Journal All State Team
http://www.courier-journal.com/section/sports0503
Congrats to all!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congrats to all you young men.
Congrats to all the player :Cheerlead
Congrads to jordon Young HM. !No daymion belcher!! Averagered 14 yards a carry.
Also Tyler pack JC and Brad Norton from Paintsville both kickers!
dns Wrote:Congrads to jordon Young HM. !No daymion belcher!! Averagered 14 yards a carry.

Who votes on these teams?
dns Wrote:Who votes on these teams?

How about Quade ward, Tristen Salyer, Truman salyers and I know I'm leaving some kids out. these kids had a good year for JC!!
dns Wrote:Who votes on these teams?

Coaches across Kentucky
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jarons Wrote:Coaches across Kentucky

Thanks.. Kinda what i figured.
Wonder how many ballots were returned? I was glad to see them open it up to allow coaches to vote for the best players and not just players they have seen.

I know in the past there had been several coaches who wouldn't return their ballots.
3 kids form eastern Kentucky made all-state between three teams that is not very good. Eastern Kentucky has had some really great teams what is wrong with this list, I mean congrats on the kids who made it, but am I the only one that thinks this away.
foxbatone Wrote:3 kids form eastern Kentucky made all-state between three teams that is not very good. Eastern Kentucky has had some really great teams what is wrong with this list, I mean congrats on the kids who made it, but am I the only one that thinks this away.

I count 6.
2 from Harlan Co
2 from Belfry
1 from Johnson Central
1 from North Laurel
foxbatone Wrote:3 kids form eastern Kentucky made all-state between three teams that is not very good. Eastern Kentucky has had some really great teams what is wrong with this list, I mean congrats on the kids who made it, but am I the only one that thinks this away.

I agree, only 2 from NKY made the first 3 teams. That doesn't seem right to me.
I think Belcher from JC made it last year along with Matt hall who graduated. I also think there was a couple more but cant remember the names.
Gummie Bear Wrote:I count 6.
2 from Harlan Co
2 from Belfry
1 from Johnson Central
1 from North Laurel

Year in and year out a very low number, that was my point!
Onespiritedfan Wrote:I agree, only 2 from NKY made the first 3 teams. That doesn't seem right to me.

most years the Northern Kentucky dominates the two big newspapers all-state teams, but you have brought up a bigger point then one I have made.
Drew barker not first team. WOW!!!!
Obviously stats were not relevant in these selections. What is the point in having an all state if it is not the best players?
Catfan09 Wrote:Obviously stats were not relevant in these selections. What is the point in having an all state if it is not the best players?

Stats couldn't have been relevant!! Belcher from JC 1400 yrds ,, 14yrds per carry. :igiveup:
First of all, congratulations to all of the young men who made the All-State teams. But there were a few men that were left off that were deserving of that honor. They are deserving because of their accomplishments (State Semi-finals), hard work, and level of competition played (Bowling Green, St. X, Boyle Co., Mercer Co., Russell Co, and Highlands). Even though the outcome of some of these games were loses, all were competitive. Being a Lex Cath fan, I will still try to be as objective as possible:

1) First team All-State- David Bouvier- Set the Lex Cath record for receiving yards and that is saying a lot at Lexington Catholic. Catch anything thrown to him. Could not be covered one on one. Great kid and great character.

2) Second team All-State- Josh Mesmer-LB- Led the team in tackles. Hard hitter, just ask some of the teams we played. Great instincts and good size. Played in Playoffs with broken bone in foot and still led in tackles.

3) Third team All-State- Marty Brown- DT- Led team with TOL including Sacks. Undersized at his position but would use speed to get around larger players.

4) Third team All-State- Cameron Bailey- Center- Best Center in the State that got over looked. Dominated most teams, played well against others (BG, St. X, and Highlands.) Was even noticed by Bowling Green coaches at beginning of Season. Will be 1st team next year.

5)Honorble Mention- Noah Mitchell, Marcellus Logan, Sam Letton, Reese Ryan(really should be 2nd team but State is full of QB;s this year. Will be 1st team next year). Sam Letton will be 1st team also next year.

I do think our District did not get proper representation. Highlands should have had 1st and 2nd All-Staters (Seth Hope was a beast, could not be stopped), QB ( must have had over 300 yards passing against us), all receivers (making diving catches in endzone.)

Those are my additions for what it is worth. (not much)
dns Wrote:Stats couldn't have been relevant!! Belcher from JC 1400 yrds ,, 14yrds per carry. :igiveup:

It's a shame when kids work their butts off and gets no reconition !!
I can't quiet figure out how a team that wins 14 of 15 games and wins a state title doesn't have even 1 player on all state team. There are at least 3 teams we beat with 1 or more kids on the list. It must be that we have a lot of coaches down this way that are hating.
That's alright we still have ten of these:1:
mysonis55 Wrote:I can't quiet figure out how a team that wins 14 of 15 games and wins a state title doesn't have even 1 player on all state team. There are at least 3 teams we beat with 1 or more kids on the list. It must be that we have a lot of coaches down this way that are hating.

It's a testament to what we did have this year, a bunch of solid kids across the board and no real super stars
I can think of 2, maybe 3 that should be on there.
1). Jake Guhy
2). Deon Jackson
3). Jon Hayden
mysonis55 Wrote:I can think of 2, maybe 3 that should be on there.
1). Jake Guhy
2). Deon Jackson
3). Jon Hayden

Agree with that mysonis55 plus a couple from Williamsburg
Good looking list of players. I think there is one glaring omission. That's why I don't put a lot of stock in these All- State teams. I don't think there is a better receiver in the state Than Bovier at Lexington Catholic. I was able to make all the home games the last couple years. I know with his size he doesn't have the Upside everyone talks about. That's not what this list is about. He is the best H.S. receiver I have seen play in Lexington ever. Period. That goes 30 years. Some team will get a steal with this kid.