Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lexington Herald-Leader 22 Player Class Of The Commonwealth Team
WOW, just saw in the Herald-Leader where the Collins Titans had 3 players make the 22 player Class Of The Commonwealth Team!!! Quite an honor for Lawson Page, Dre Farris, and Masai Whyte & all of Titan Nation!!! Congratulations to all the players that made the team!

http://www.kentucky.com/2013/12/21/30002...-2013.html
Congrats to all those honored! Special shout out to Sani Warren of Belfry. Leadership was the quality that put him on this list IMO.
^ Sani Warren's high school football career was incredible, i hope he lands at a good program
It's good to see Carson Whitehead on the list after a tremendous high school career.
I'd like to see Eastern step up and sign the best football player in southeastern Kentucky this year.
I doubt they can find a better linebacker in Kentucky in this class.
HDE Wrote:It's good to see Carson Whitehead on the list after a tremendous high school career.
I'd like to see Eastern step up and sign the best football player in southeastern Kentucky this year.
I doubt they can find a better linebacker in Kentucky in this class.

Masai Whyte from Collins is a heck of a linebacker as well. Hopefully Mr. Whitehead will receive an offer, it is always great to see Kentucky kids playing at the next level.

Congrats to all of the players, especially the 3 from Collins! What a talented bunch of players, all are very deserving.
A lit without the backup QB of Collins should be burned Confusednicker:

Screw the numbers. Lets go by how much ice water is in your veins.
Shout out to the Eastern Kentucky players recognized. Sani Warren, DB/QB, Belfry and Carson Whitehead, RB/LB, Harlan Co. Recognition well deserved.
2012 Class and where they are at

Blake Bir, Covington Catholic, QB, Dayton

Hunter Bivin, Apollo, OL/DL, Notre Dame

Joey Bloomfield, Ballard, OL/DL, Kansas

Kyle Bolin, Lexington Catholic, QB, Louisville

Nick Britt, Russell County, RB, Campbellsville

Domonick Brown, John Hardin, LB, EKU

Jeffrey Canady, Knox Central, RB/WR/DB, EKU

Dalyn Dawkins, Trinity, RB, Purdue

Jason Hatcher, Trinity, LB, Kentucky

Kentayvus Hopkins, Bourbon County, RB/DB, EKU

Aaron Jackson, Frankfort, WR, WKU

Jonathan Jackson, Mayfield, RB/LB, Murray State

Donovan McCoy, Highlands, QB/WR, Louisville (not playing football)

Tony Messer, Belfry, TE/DE, EKU

Dennis Oxendine, Tates Creek, RB/DB, Illinois State

Austin Pray, Perry Central, QB/WR/DB, Centre

James Quick, Trinity, WR, Louisville

Ryan Timmons, Franklin County, WR, Kentucky

Richard Trent, Breathitt County, QB/DB, n/a

Ryan White, Trinity, DB/KR, Vanderbilt

Logan Woodside, Franklin County, QB/DB, Toledo

Travis Wright, Trinity, QB, Fla. International
Congrats to all!!!!
So what puts you on this team, having some sort of scholly to a Division 1 school? Some on the list are certainly questionable to me.
mantax Wrote:So what puts you on this team, having some sort of scholly to a Division 1 school? Some on the list are certainly questionable to me.

Per the article:
"This is the Herald-Leader’s 22nd Class of the Commonwealth, our way of recognizing 22 outstanding seniors. Only a few are blue-chip prospects, but all of them distinguished themselves individually and contributed to their team’s success.

Bowling Green receiver Nacarius Fant helped the Purples to three consecutive undefeated Class 5A titles. Devin Hayes quarterbacked Bowling Green to the last two of those championships.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2013/12/21/30002...rylink=cpy"

If you read the player bio's it gives a little more insight... I would say the Class of the Commonwealth is more of a mixture between popularity contest and profile. Some players are on there because they are being recruited by a D-1 school.... others are on there because of their merits on a more intangible level.
It's the best 22 players in the commonwealth regardless of position , as determined By the Lexington Herald Leader .
Looks pretty fair I'd say , a lot of past players on the list have gone on to do pretty well. Any body know how 2011's class is doing ?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:2012 Class and where they are at

Blake Bir, Covington Catholic, QB, Dayton

Hunter Bivin, Apollo, OL/DL, Notre Dame

Joey Bloomfield, Ballard, OL/DL, Kansas

Kyle Bolin, Lexington Catholic, QB, Louisville

Nick Britt, Russell County, RB, Campbellsville

Domonick Brown, John Hardin, LB, EKU

Jeffrey Canady, Knox Central, RB/WR/DB, EKU

Dalyn Dawkins, Trinity, RB, Purdue

Jason Hatcher, Trinity, LB, Kentucky

Kentayvus Hopkins, Bourbon County, RB/DB, EKU

Aaron Jackson, Frankfort, WR, WKU

Jonathan Jackson, Mayfield, RB/LB, Murray State

Donovan McCoy, Highlands, QB/WR, Louisville (not playing football)

Tony Messer, Belfry, TE/DE, EKU

Dennis Oxendine, Tates Creek, RB/DB, Illinois State

Austin Pray, Perry Central, QB/WR/DB, Centre

James Quick, Trinity, WR, Louisville

Ryan Timmons, Franklin County, WR, Kentucky

Richard Trent, Breathitt County, QB/DB, n/a

Ryan White, Trinity, DB/KR, Vanderbilt

Logan Woodside, Franklin County, QB/DB, Toledo

Travis Wright, Trinity, QB, Fla. International
Tony Messer is going to walk on at Marshall next year.
Mayfield's Guhy, can't think of a more deserving selection. He did it all in his years as the Cards QB. Kid played in 4 state title games to boot
PaytoPlay Wrote:Congrats to all those honored! Special shout out to Sani Warren of Belfry. Leadership was the quality that put him on this list IMO.

While leadership is definitely a strong quality of his, what landed him on the list was because he deserved to be there. So whatever landed the other 21 young men on the list, landed him there also. He was on the preseason top 50 list, was he there for leadership also? For the record, I appreciate the congrats and special shout out to my son, but it sounded very much like a backhanded compliment.
Congrats to Scott Daniel from Scott Co.
Congrats to all that made it. Special congrats to Brenan Kuntz from Simon Kenton.