Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What to expect in Class 1A Football?
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Flop go the jackets cuz the jackets say flop! Lol im ready for football season! Idc who wins at this point! I just want the games to start.

Me to just trying to have a little fun an keep 1A schools Alive.....PLUS KEEP COAL ALIVE FOR EASTERN KENTUCKY :truestory:
Gargamel Wrote:Y'all?? I just picked them to represent east in 1A. Don't see you making it to Pikeville. Has the Jackets ever won a game @ Hazard?

Williamsburg will in 2014 sorry to tell you. Confusedmoke:
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:^very few have won a playoff game at Hazard. I think the last to do it was LCA maybe?

Last team to beat Hazard at home in the playoff was Lynn Camp in 2003 and beat hazard by 21.. Before that in 1999 was Lynn Camp and beat them by 16. I don't know anymore but that's as far back as I can remember..
Wow. So its been even longer than I thought. Hard to go into God's Coal Country and win in November thats for sure. I think in 1a ball, if a team makes it to the Semi's, the home team generally gets around 9-12 points simply because teams hae to travel so far. Now, that 9-12 points doesnt really mean that a team will win. I still stand by the statement I made in regaurds to teams playing teams from other regions. Even if it's only 2 games, i think teams would benefit from traveling 1 1/2-2hrs to play a game or 2. Raceland went on a run late in the season. Playing 5 of their last 7 at home. Then they go to Williamsburg. Thats a hard thing to over come. I believe Wburg was stil 2 scores better, even at Ram Stadium. But it had alot to do with having the consecutive home games, then making the trip. Then Wburg smacked us in the mouth in the first 3 minutes. That imo is your home field advantage coming in to play, start of the 2nd half was the same situation. After that it's 21-7 and a much slower paced ball game. Instead, dear in the headlights takes over and Wburg procedes with the thumping. Really wish they could have pulled off the upset or atleast made a stronger showing in BG, but Mayfield was and is in a completely different level than the rest of single A. With so many squads losing so much experience, Wburg and MF loose Qbs, Raceland and Hazard loose their Line, Fairview loses their Coach, it will be interesting to see how everyone responds.