Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Henry Clay @ Scott County 11/22
Rematch from the season.. Henry Clay didn't do terrible in the 1st matchup but I think Scott County is to much for the Lex Schools.

SC 56 - HC 35
Scott County has beaten their opponents by an average of 38 points this season. Including a win over Henry Clay by 36. I just don't see this one being close.

Scott County 56
Henry Clay 14
Well, here's hoping that they will stay to within 30.
Scott CO. 45
Henry Clay 12Confusedinglepar
Scott co 54
Henry clay 20

:rockon:
I think SC wins here but this is my problem for the next round-
HC 9-2, PLD 6-6, North Hardin 1-10, Lafayette 3-8, Clark County 2-9, PRP 4-7, Bryan Station 5-6, Seneca 2-9, Madison Central 2-9, Ryle 2-9!

36-75 overall record for there opponents. It should be noted that Seneca & Ryle were both only down 7 points at half.

Scott County just doesn't make mistakes so if they play a Male/Trinity/ Even Sk. and make a turnover or two. Those teams will capitalize on It. Scott County's strong point is there incredible rush game but if someone bottles that up.... Is McKee a good enough passer to win them a game without holding the lead.
I have seen he has only completed a total of 50 passes this season. 22 are TDs but a lot of those are for more than 20 yards.
Clay McKee Scott County 12 games 50/79 63% comp 1003 yds 22 Tds 3 ints 84 lg

Scott County avgs 362 yds rushing a game and 100 yds passing..

So if you stop the run can McKee/Daniel win you the game.

Scott County avgs 58.4 PTs a game and gives up 20.5 against the 36-75 opponents.

There defense gives up 114 rushing yds and gives up the most passing yds in reported 6a with 209 yds a game.

Trinity avgs 30.1 PTs a game while rushing for 169 yds & passing for 201 yds a game
There defense gives up 27.3 PTs a game 160.5 rushing and 170.3 passing yds a game.

I have no info on Male
Scott County wins. Represent CKY well!
Scott County by 20.
TNT-MB1 Wrote:Clay McKee Scott County 12 games 50/79 63% comp 1003 yds 22 Tds 3 ints 84 lg

Scott County avgs 362 yds rushing a game and 100 yds passing..

So if you stop the run can McKee/Daniel win you the game.

Scott County avgs 58.4 PTs a game and gives up 20.5 against the 36-75 opponents.

There defense gives up 114 rushing yds and gives up the most passing yds in reported 6a with 209 yds a game.

Trinity avgs 30.1 PTs a game while rushing for 169 yds & passing for 201 yds a game
There defense gives up 27.3 PTs a game 160.5 rushing and 170.3 passing yds a game.

I have no info on Male

WOW ! Heck of a breakdown ! But on the high school level can we rally functionally apply all these statistics? And do they hold true ?
Stats meam diddly squat this time of year. It is a one game playoff each week. Scott Co. Prepares as good as anyone. HC has 2 great running backs but I dont think they can carry them to a win. Plus when u look at stats, well most of the oppenents yards are versuses the JV. And if you make a mistake SC will definitely make u pay.
SC better get their championship now with this team. Cause come 2018, that new school with demolish McKee's dynasty. Just saying. Rooting on a neighboring school. Go Cards!
Well one cool stat is that Scott County has only been held under 51 points one time this season. That's pretty good to pick a winner off of.

That and the fact that they will most likely finish the season with two 1,000 + yd rushers in -

Difference Makers
Price
105 att 1033 yds 21 tds 9.8 ypr

Guy
62 att 940 yds 11 tds 15.2 ypr

Hughes
80 att 519 yds 6 tds 6.5 ypr

Who knows maybe they get 60 yds with Guy and then run for 500 with Hughes to get three 1,000 yd rushers.

McKee is efficient but so was Conner Hempel in 2010.

Ryle played Trinity in the semis and Trinity shut down the run game of Elliot (WKU) (2,000 yd rusher) Hempel (Harvard) (1,000 yd rusher) Mullens (Morehead/Marshall) (400 yd rusher).
Hempel just didn't have enough experience taking the full load of the game and they lost 28 - 9.

So I know Scott County will win here but I don't think they will sneak up on Trinity/Male next week because this year they know what SC is capable of.

*Mullens ended up not going anywhere do to personal issues.
You missed Kevin Claussen who is their work horse. He did not play until the Clark County game and has 715 yards already. Highes started the first 5 games, he has been mainly JV since the return of Claussen. I agree with what you are saying but McKee started in the semis last year and has had a whole year this year. The Cards have been in that situation with a lot of these kids playing last year. On a side note, all of the Difference makers TNT talks about will all be back next year. Hughes and Guy are just Sophomores. Also with out Daniel the past 3 games McKee has thrown 6 TD's without his number 1 target. I think when you get to these finals games (regional, semi, and state) it is who limits mistakes and controls the line of scrimmage. Should be a fun couple of weeks.
hardcore1 Wrote:You missed Kevin Claussen who is their work horse. He did not play until the Clark County game and has 715 yards already. Highes started the first 5 games, he has been mainly JV since the return of Claussen. I agree with what you are saying but McKee started in the semis last year and has had a whole year this year. The Cards have been in that situation with a lot of these kids playing last year. On a side note, all of the Difference makers TNT talks about will all be back next year. Hughes and Guy are just Sophomores. Also with out Daniel the past 3 games McKee has thrown 6 TD's without his number 1 target. I think when you get to these finals games (regional, semi, and state) it is who limits mistakes and controls the line of scrimmage. Should be a fun couple of weeks.

Are SC numbers always this insane I really didn't pay much attention to them till the playoffs last season. There stats are video game numbers
If you look back they have been in the regional finals the last 6 years. That is pretty good. They have won 4 out 5 not counting this year. Their Freshman over the last 4 years are 39-1. That has rolled over and translated to wins at the varsity level. This years Freshman has an 8th grade QB and completely 2 platooned, so they are not going away. Their starting defense only gave up 30 points all year and they scored like 41 points a game. JV has been on a similar streak. They had won 22 in a row before being upset by Ryle this year and spanked highlands at the end of the year. The word development is the value that SC hangs its hat on. They run the same system to the letter at every level and reps galore. Another fact is that they never take anyone to the ground and don't practice full pads except at camp. Something that limits injuries and fatigue.