Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brent Holman - Bourbon Co.
HSFOOTBALL Wrote:I kind of agree with what you're saying, but to that I will say this year's Bourbon team is better than last year's Bourbon team, and IMO is right there with last year's Belfry team. So while I think they played at a high level last year, I think they are at an even higher level this year.

People can say Bourbon hasn't played a soul, but they have hung a running clock on every opponent they have played, and have only been at home 3 times this year. Had Bourbon gone out and scheduled a JC caliber team it would have better prepared them for a rematch, but I don't think it would have made them any better or worse than they are right now. If Pope gets back for Belfry I believe Bourbon will shock some people.

I Agree 100% with you on both accounts... the only reason the gap has closed on bourbon with Mason is simply the fact Mason had a lot more ground to catch up.

Preparation and game speed have nothing to do with team ability. That's where a tougher schedule would have benefited Bourbon, but in the grand scheme "You are what you are" when you basically return your entire team. In the case of Belfry, playing a tough schedule has made them better as they have had to force their young players to improve.

The funny thing is,,, the fact Mason looks to be legit is now a positive for Bourbon. Whereas before it appeared the weak schedule would last until Week 14 and then they would be thrown in the fire versuses Belfry.. now in Week 13 you will see a team that will give you a better taste of talent and speed.
The_Rock Wrote:I dont even remember last year. I do know Bourbon beat the pee out of Breathitt and Breathitt is a pretty good team. Not a powerhouse but pretty good.
Breathitt had 9 turnovers this game and they have just now settled down and decided to play. IMO if they played again it would be a very close game.
true hater 2 Wrote:Breathitt had 9 turnovers this game and they have just now settled down and decided to play. IMO if they played again it would be a very close game.

You can think all you want, but turnovers are a part of the game. Breathitt didn't hand the ball to Bourbon like a hot potato. Bourbon caused those turnovers which is one reason they beat teams the way they do.

As a team they have 19 fumble recoveries and 16 interceptions through 10 games. Do the math, they cause 3.5 per game, so the 6 that Breathitt had was not a fluke, its part of their game. The only variable that would make this game closer now is that Bourbon is without their starting QB, and that my friend is not gonna get ya 45 more points...
true hater 2 Wrote:Breathitt had 9 turnovers this game and they have just now settled down and decided to play. IMO if they played again it would be a very close game.
Bourbon could have won that game by 80 points, Breathitt had never seen speed like that. And it was at Breathitts house!
Just want to reiterate that Bourbon has played a a 4A, 2 5A and a 6A and beaten them all by a lot. When these games were scheduled by the current Coaching staff, they had no way of knowing that they would provide very little competition.
Just heard that there's some good news floting around Bourbon football!
Kickrocks148 Wrote:Just heard that there's some good news floting around Bourbon football!

Let's hear it!
Rumor I got.. is that Pope is ready to go! This would increase their chances to BG.
Pope not ready just yet, had his cast removed and is in boot. What I have read on net is that should need 2-3 more weeks but never know with youth healing abilities.
1mr Wrote:Pope not ready just yet, had his cast removed and is in boot. What I have read on net is that should need 2-3 more weeks but never know with youth healing abilities.

If he's not close to 100%...it would be a mistake IMO, to suit back up.
1mr Wrote:Pope not ready just yet, had his cast removed and is in boot. What I have read on net is that should need 2-3 more weeks but never know with youth healing abilities.

Thanks!!
Is it even necessary to play him the first two weeks of the playoffs? Bourbon looks to be destroying everything in their path with or without Pope. Could be a dangerous team with him back.
Thrillex Wrote:Is it even necessary to play him the first two weeks of the playoffs? Bourbon looks to be destroying everything in their path with or without Pope. Could be a dangerous team with him back.

I think he would be like an ACE up the sleeve. I wouldn't use him unless it
was a necessity.
I wouldn't expect Bourbon to need Pope before Simmies but I would expect them to give him some playtime third round.