Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 41 Gallia Academy (OH) 19
Hope all injuries are minor ,and our pirates are ready to show cak what we are good at.
BelfryPirates Wrote:Solid win, but yet this team still has plenty of unanswered questions.

The main one being why a senior, supposed to be a leader, gets in a scrum and gets thrown out up by 20 with 2 minutes left. Stuff like that is completely inexcusable. Gotta have priorities and set a good example for the younger kids that look up to you.

I don't know how the trip to Tennessee will end up but I'm sure we'll find out who's in and who's out from what seemed like the countless injuries tonight...

Before you start bashing the kid why don't you buy a copy of the game from Clinton & watch it for yourself & then determine if the player deserved to be ejected!!!! Word from the complex this morning was that Johnson was on the bottom of the pile face down in the turf with both hands on the ball....pretty tough to throw a punch like that. Appeal to the KHSAA will be made but likely will not matter, VERY bad piece of officiating.
Hope every body heals up for stretch run
throw deep Wrote:Before you start bashing the kid why don't you buy a copy of the game from Clinton & watch it for yourself & then determine if the player deserved to be ejected!!!! Word from the complex this morning was that Johnson was on the bottom of the pile face down in the turf with both hands on the ball....pretty tough to throw a punch like that. Appeal to the KHSAA will be made but likely will not matter, VERY bad piece of officiating.
At one point that was true. From where I sat it looked like everybody got up and there was some tension between the two groups. It looked like the players were heading back towards their benches when the flag was thrown. I didn't know who they threw it on but it looked like everyone had their back to the ref when he called the penalty.

From that, the only conclusion I could draw at the time would be either the kid said something he shouldn't have, or the ref thought he said something he shouldn't have.

If the ejection was for throwing a punch, then I certainly didn't see that. Not saying it didn't happen, but I didn't see it.
throw deep Wrote:Before you start bashing the kid why don't you buy a copy of the game from Clinton & watch it for yourself & then determine if the player deserved to be ejected!!!! Word from the complex this morning was that Johnson was on the bottom of the pile face down in the turf with both hands on the ball....pretty tough to throw a punch like that. Appeal to the KHSAA will be made but likely will not matter, VERY bad piece of officiating.

When the call is made on an issue like that, and you can't see exactly what happens first hand, you kind of have to go with what the referee says happened. Sadly me determining if he deserved to be ejected doesn't matter because the referees apparently saw something somewhere. Still a whole situation that should have been avoided all together. Gallia seemed to get a little bit chippy towards the end and you gotta know not to react to that, no matter what actually happened. There's a difference between bashing a kid and saying that what the referee said happened, if so, was a stupid decision.
Cam has always played with head on straight and with a lot of sportsmanship. I'm sure he feels bad about it and Belfry should appeal it if they think the video shows it was a poor call.

All ya can do IMO is get the next guy in and strap it on.
Buc-a-roo Wrote:At one point that was true. From where I sat it looked like everybody got up and there was some tension between the two groups. It looked like the players were heading back towards their benches when the flag was thrown. I didn't know who they threw it on but it looked like everyone had their back to the ref when he called the penalty.

From that, the only conclusion I could draw at the time would be either the kid said something he shouldn't have, or the ref thought he said something he shouldn't have.

If the ejection was for throwing a punch, then I certainly didn't see that. Not saying it didn't happen, but I didn't see it.

If it was for saying something inappropriate then an unsportsmanlike penalty should have been assessed with 15yds marked off. You know all you have to do is call your buddies @BHS 'Tusi & they will show you the play in question!!!!!
BelfryPirates Wrote:When the call is made on an issue like that, and you can't see exactly what happens first hand, you kind of have to go with what the referee says happened. Sadly me determining if he deserved to be ejected doesn't matter because the referees apparently saw something somewhere. Still a whole situation that should have been avoided all together. Gallia seemed to get a little bit chippy towards the end and you gotta know not to react to that, no matter what actually happened. There's a difference between bashing a kid and saying that what the referee said happened, if so, was a stupid decision.

And we all know that a 15th Region official has never made a horrible call???? Undeserving ejection & a terrible call will possibly cost a young man several games of his high school career. Like I said earlier get a copy & watch for yourself!!!!
Bluefield would be at least a 3-4 hr. drive from Belfry. Wayne would be at least 2-3 hrs.
Gallia made an off side kick right in the midst of several Belfry players. Everyone went after the ball and Gallia had already been showing some attitude. Apparently Johnson run his mouth to a ref and he you just can't do that.
throw deep Wrote:If it was for saying something inappropriate then an unsportsmanlike penalty should have been assessed with 15yds marked off. You know all you have to do is call your buddies @BHS 'Tusi & they will show you the play in question!!!!!

I agree that would have been the call, that's why I was surprised if the call was for throwing a punch because I didn't see that at all. That would totally surprise me too because I've never seen Johnson do anything but line up and play.

LOL, I know who you are talking about but that ain't me throw deep.