Poll: Who You Got?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Prestonsburg Blackcats
75.00%
Pike Central Hawks
25.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg @ Pike Central (9/20/13)
Prestonsburg (1-3) makes the trip to Buckley's Creek to battle Pike Central (1-2)

P-Burg scored 2 victories over PC last season including a state record performance from several players in their 1st contest 83-49.

The 2nd contest was not as lop-sided, but P-Burg still handily won 41-18.

Will PC get some redemption at home with a win?

Or will P-Burg continue to torment PC with another win?
Pike county central 48 p'burg 46 may have them backward.Confusednicker: Confusednicker: Confusednicker:
It's a mistake to count out Pburg..Allot of people are raging on them for being 1&3,but the have lost to three good teams..the last two by just a couple of points..It should be a dandy game feature two of best Qb in the area...Chapman will be out for blood after last year...Pike Central in another close one..
I'm doubting P-Burg Sophomore WR/DB Chatlin Jarrell plays in this one. He has a dr's appointment in the morning to determine his status for this week. Not having him out there would hurt so much. He may only weigh 110, but he throws every bit of it at the ball carrier. Get well soon, Chatlin and go Cats!

Prestonsburg 41
Pike Central 35
Pike Central by 6. More if their receivers catch the ball. Quarterback is very good.
Well I have not heard much about Pike Central this year. I know they lost Johnson for the year which will hurt a lot. I hear the QB Mac is better than average and they have a pretty good WR in Elkins.

I do know Prestonsburg is very young this year and sitting at 1-3. They could very easily been 3-1. Missed an extra point to tie the game against Knox Central, and a failed 2 point conversion attempt against Powell County to take the lead late in the 4th.

I also see more fire in this years team than the last couple years teams have had. These boys do fight till the end. The only thing I think that is holding them back is youth & experience which go hand in hand. You see the youth mistakes. These boys will learn from these mistakes and I am sure the coaching staff has been working to correct this in practice.

I am sure some may disagree, but I really feel this team will be a tough out come playoffs. With that being said I of course am picking my Blackcats in this one.

Prestonsburg 46
Pike Central 27

If the missed assignments on defense are corrected this week my prediction is.......

Prestonsburg 46
Pike Central 14
Justice is very accurate with the intermediate and short throws and has good escapability which poses a problem for the Blackcats. I'm going with the home team in a close one 34-31.
If I were DeRossett either Jarrell or Frasure get all the touches, playmakers those two.
TigerBlues Wrote:Justice is very accurate with the intermediate and short throws and has good escapability which poses a problem for the Blackcats. I'm going with the home team in a close one 34-31.
If I were DeRossett either Jarrell or Frasure get all the touches, playmakers those two.

I agree that these 2 are playmakers, but there are others capable of stepping up and making plays. For this team to win this game and others to come we have to have others step up and make plays. Every team we play will be keying on these 2 is why others need to step up.

Evan & Chatlin have made big plays when needed in other games. Throw these 2 in the mix and someone else step up this team will be dangerous. Jarred and Dalton are big keys to our success, but we can not rely on just 2 players to be successful.

When others do step up it will only make Jarred & Dalton be more effective and productive. The defenses then can not just key on these 2. Don't get me wrong though. I do feel we need to feed our work horse a little more. Especially with the lead. If we are not going to then have him on defense some also.
I think Prestonsburg will take this game by two scores, easily.

So, think I'll blow off my game and attend this one, sitting with Pike Central and yelling for the Hawks!!!!!
Wink
Pburg 40
PC 26
I'm sure Chapman doesn't take to kindly to 2 embarrassing losses like the ones Pburg handed PCC last year. What other motivation do you need? Vengeance is mine says Chapman and the hawks.
Granny Bear Wrote:I think Prestonsburg will take this game by two scores, easily.

So, think I'll blow off my game and attend this one, sitting with Pike Central and yelling for the Hawks!!!!!
Wink

Your just trying to get under my skin Granny. You would not miss a Black Bear game for any other game. You need to come out of the closet also. You know you are secretly a Blackcat Fan.
inyourface Wrote:I'm sure Chapman doesn't take to kindly to 2 embarrassing losses like the ones Pburg handed PCC last year. What other motivation do you need? Vengeance is mine says Chapman and the hawks.

Come get ya some Chapman.
inyourface Wrote:I'm sure Chapman doesn't take to kindly to 2 embarrassing losses like the ones Pburg handed PCC last year. What other motivation do you need? Vengeance is mine says Chapman and the hawks.

Chapman hasn't struck me as a Coach capable of completely changing a teams' fortunes based solely on his ability.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Chapman hasn't struck me as a Coach capable of completely changing a teams' fortunes based solely on his ability.

:lmao:
#1BCF
What is the injury report for the blackcats? I was told that Chatlin, Reed and Goble won't be playing tonight.
This Blackcat team does fight to the end, and yes, they are very young with just three returning starters from last years team, but they are maturing more every week. I see a win for the cats.
PHS Coach Wrote:#1BCF
What is the injury report for the blackcats? I was told that Chatlin, Reed and Goble won't be playing tonight.

I had actually forgotten about the injuries. I am pretty sure Goble is, but I don't think Chatlin and Reed will be playing.

That will change my prediction also.

Prestonsburg 30
Pike Central 28
Look for Prestonburg to win big

P-burg 41

PCC 14
PHS Coach Wrote:#1BCF

What is wrong with Goble?
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Chapman hasn't struck me as a Coach capable of completely changing a teams' fortunes based solely on his ability.

I think when pike central play williamsburg they only had around 24 player thats not good :pondering:
Pike central by 8