Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard 32 - Somerset 28
Forever Maroon Wrote:You obviously were not at the Correll Bowl week 0. A 100% healthy Somerset team still gets destroyed by Pulaski. The Maroons dominated that game from kickoff to final whistle. At no time did SHS even look remotely close to the team Pulaski had on the field.

I was there. Lang did not play so Somerset was not a 100%. PC did destroy them no question.
Cellking Wrote:I was there. Lang did not play so Somerset was not a 100%. PC did destroy them no question.

I didn't say SHS was at 100% in the PC game. I said it wouldn't have made a difference if Lange played, PC would still destroy SHS. It appears most of the Somerset faithful even admit that. I think Somerset will go back to, at least, semi-state in 2A, they just do not have the team Pulaski has this year.
Forever Maroon Wrote:I didn't say SHS was at 100% in the PC game. I said it wouldn't have made a difference if Lange played, PC would still destroy SHS. It appears most of the Somerset faithful even admit that. I think Somerset will go back to, at least, semi-state in 2A, they just do not have the team Pulaski has this year.

While i agree that pulaski still would have won. I do think it would have been a much closer game with Lange back in. Defensively he gives the Dbacks more depth and adds another offensive weapon that PC would have had to worry about (maybe more than just 40 rushing yards, or however little they had). Him or Chevy can score any time they touch the ball and in high school football momentum is everything. Somerset had none the entire game. The game that was played was a domination by PC though.