Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2A Preseason Poll
Sorry I meant 2a. Hard to get the keys on the iphone
DreamKiller Wrote:Right now, our players and coaches are fixated on Christian County. That is the game in front of them. I am just on here having a little fun with those guys everywhere east of Princeton. I, honestly, can't see a better team in our class. We have 82 players and A LOT of them play. The Tigers have talent, speed, strength, and depth. Not many 2A schools can say that.

A lot of them play? Great point. Its Pre-season, everyone plays. Good Luck this year but with an NFL roster like yours doesnt sound like you need it that much. Caldwell County is here to bring Kentucky football back to its all mighty top spot in the country. Thanks for holding it for us while we were down a few years, Texas.:worthy::worthy::worthy:
Bildos, it may sound like he is bragging but the fact is he is probably right. We play 2 6a schools, 1 5a school, 2 3a schools and another 2a school, but the one that has me most concerned for the Cards this year is the last game of the regular season at Caldwell. I think some of you really need to get on ihigh and look at this qb and the weapons he had. That still won't totally prepare you because they have added some new weapons. I am not just hearing this from one person, it is the general concensus around this area. These guys literally are going to look like a small college team. They have huge, fast receivers. They have a div 1 qb and a fast running back. The only chance I see our guys having a chance this year is if we can beat them up front before their receivers can get into position for the ball. I have no dog in this fight really, I am just telling you they are really going to be that good. If you guys can manage to knock them off, then you really have something to be proud of.
mysonis55 Wrote:Bildos, it may sound like he is bragging but the fact is he is probably right. We play 2 6a schools, 1 5a school, 2 3a schools and another 2a school, but the one that has me most concerned for the Cards this year is the last game of the regular season at Caldwell. I think some of you really need to get on ihigh and look at this qb and the weapons he had. That still won't totally prepare you because they have added some new weapons. I am not just hearing this from one person, it is the general concensus around this area. These guys literally are going to look like a small college team. They have huge, fast receivers. They have a div 1 qb and a fast running back. The only chance I see our guys having a chance this year is if we can beat them up front before their receivers can get into position for the ball. I have no dog in this fight really, I am just telling you they are really going to be that good. If you guys can manage to knock them off, then you really have something to be proud of.

Actually, now we have 2 fast running backs. :Thumbs:
Is there any thing dumber in sports than a preseason poll? How do you know what a team truly is until week 3 at the earliest? You can have an idea, or you can have a ton of question marks and not have a clue. These things have been, and always will be, worthless.

NewCath is too high right now. They'll be right in the thick of it by the end of November though. Their schedule is brutal, they'll take a couple on the chin, people will ask what is wrong with them. Then they will get into their district schedule, find their feet, and start dominating right until Somerset comes to visit. Then we will all get a chance to have the questions truly answered and conduct a real poll.
30 going on 40 Wrote:Is there any thing dumber in sports than a preseason poll? How do you know what a team truly is until week 3 at the earliest? You can have an idea, or you can have a ton of question marks and not have a clue. These things have been, and always will be, worthless.

NewCath is too high right now. They'll be right in the thick of it by the end of November though. Their schedule is brutal, they'll take a couple on the chin, people will ask what is wrong with them. Then they will get into their district schedule, find their feet, and start dominating right until Somerset comes to visit. Then we will all get a chance to have the questions truly answered and conduct a real poll.

YEAH!! What he said...
Welp, I was right.
ColtPride Wrote:Danville, and Glasgow ranked ahead of DeSales? I can accept Glasgow, even though we ended their season last year, and they could only score 2 points on us, but Danville? Whatever.... I told everyone, we beat St X in a 7 on 7 a few weeks ago, last night we scrimmaged 6A Meade Co. We beat them 36-14, and could have scored more honestly. Meade County isn't a powerhouse I know that, but they did receive votes. We'll find out how good this Colt's team is in week two. We play John Hardin. That will be a big test.

Seems like I was right also.
mysonis55 Wrote:Bildos, it may sound like he is bragging but the fact is he is probably right. We play 2 6a schools, 1 5a school, 2 3a schools and another 2a school, but the one that has me most concerned for the Cards this year is the last game of the regular season at Caldwell. I think some of you really need to get on ihigh and look at this qb and the weapons he had. That still won't totally prepare you because they have added some new weapons. I am not just hearing this from one person, it is the general concensus around this area. These guys literally are going to look like a small college team. They have huge, fast receivers. They have a div 1 qb and a fast running back. The only chance I see our guys having a chance this year is if we can beat them up front before their receivers can get into position for the ball. I have no dog in this fight really, I am just telling you they are really going to be that good. If you guys can manage to knock them off, then you really have something to be proud of.

Its a good thing small colleges don't play at the high school level

Show some respect where is Caldwell co playing this week Confusednicker: