Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hatfield vs Mccoy All-Star Game Aug 3rd
Really disappointing performance, some of the guys David recruited to play out of bigger cities just weren't physical enough. Combine that with at least 5 QB turnovers (maybe more).. and you've got a blow out.

And no, the Hatfield-McCoy Bowl indicates that Brandon Spurlock & company whipped Kentucky's ass but keep in mind kids that would never play in this game... Jonathan Jackson, James Quick, Ryan Timmons, Kyle Bolin, Jacob Hyde, Dalyn Dawkins, Jason Hatcher, Deris Cox, Hunter Bivin... I mean if you matched up top 11 from Kentucky and from WV, KY is gonna win every time... but that's because it's a bigger state.
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:U R Correct.
I should have said in this area of each state.

Have to disagree again....there is no team on this side of WV better than BELFRY....
Belfry would not beat the all-star team, but I will agree they are the best team in the area.
We only stayed until the rains came in but from what i could tell the biggest problem was Ky couldnt run the option. Kids from Belfry it is bred into them at an early age dont dance and try to find a hole, you lower your shoulders and make the hole. If you have never ran the true option game its tuff to learn that in a week. I dont care how much speed you have, you have to run like there is no tomorrow striaght in the hole without fear, thats what makes a true Belfry running back so great. I feel that if Dave coaches next year he can have almost the entire belfry backfield on the team and they will show the true option game. The last time he had a great running back that wasnt afraid to run up the middle Ky dominated. Not saying that these kids was scared but if your use to breaking them outside its tuff to learn up the gut and the qb did the best he could, just needed to learn to go straight down the line when running the option. Keep your heads up boys you still made us proud.
I've coached in state championships in KY+WV. Hands down not even close at all KY is a better football STATE! Martinsburg has been dominant but would get waxed by Trinity/Highlands I think. They are comparable to somebody like a Bowling Green.
As for the All Star game there is MUCH more speed in Charleston/Huntington than EKY.
Sorry to break your hearts but the Wayne pioneers would CRUSH Belfry this past year there 1st team defense gave up two, yes just two touchdowns all year long, and they won all there games by at least 4 touchdowns. and if you think i'm crazy you should of went to that game on Saturday and watched mr.spurlock run at will over ky best. So I say Wayne would beat belfry and wheeling central and martinsburg!!!!!!!!
TheTruthwillset Wrote:Sorry to break your hearts but the Wayne pioneers would CRUSH Belfry this past year there 1st team defense gave up two, yes just two touchdowns all year long, and they won all there games by at least 4 touchdowns. and if you think i'm crazy you should of went to that game on Saturday and watched mr.spurlock run at will over ky best. So I say Wayne would beat belfry and wheeling central and martinsburg!!!!!!!!

You are so RIGHT, sir. Wayne-Belfry would be an excellent game.
TheTruthwillset Wrote:Sorry to break your hearts but the Wayne pioneers would CRUSH Belfry this past year there 1st team defense gave up two, yes just two touchdowns all year long, and they won all there games by at least 4 touchdowns. and if you think i'm crazy you should of went to that game on Saturday and watched mr.spurlock run at will over ky best. So I say Wayne would beat belfry and wheeling central and martinsburg!!!!!!!!

Easy big fella. 1) that was by far not Kentucky's best. 2) Belfry'a defense held Central to less points than any other team on the schedule including St Xavier who would wipe their ass with EVERY TEAM in WV lol, 3) I think 2A is by far the worst class in WV.
I've always said that I think Belfry and Wayne co. Wv. Should play eachother. Both quality programs, should be some good Marchups.
WV geograficically has a recruiting advantage over Ky. Sure Ky tried to reach a little further down state, got two players from Louisville Doss (not exactly a football powerhouse) and a kicker from Jessamine co. For WV to be able and recruit from The biggest cities in WV is a advantage. If Ky could pull some of the best players from Louisville, northern Ky, And Lexington. This game would be over by halftime. This is not a game that means much to players in Ky. Most of Ky's finest plays in the Ky vs Tenn all star game. If your a 1st team Allstate player on Ky odds are that's the game you play in. WV had 12 1st team Allstate players. Put 12 1st team Allstate players on ky roster and no contest.

then why dont Wayne play them, they been ask but declined....:eyeroll:
I think Ashland proved last year that Kentucky high school football is way better than WV high school football when they went to Charleston, WV last year and beat the #1 ranked team in not just their class in football but in the whole state of WV in George Washington. Ashland is a very good team in Kentucky but they arn't even ranked in the top 25 and I'd say they arn't even one of the top 40 or 50 teams in the state in Kentucky. If Ashland played in WV they would be competing for state championships every year and be a top 10 team and heck maybe even one of the top 5 teams in the whole state of WV. In Kentucky they can't even get past the second round in their class because Highlands is in their way every year. I would bet 1000 dollars that no team in the state of WV could beat Highlands and Highlands isn't even the top ranked team in KY. You could arguably say that there are 3 teams in the state better than them in Trinity, St. X, and Bowling Green.

And 0304, instead of KY getting all of those kids from Louisville and Lexington to come play, just imagine if KY could get the best kids from the mountains to come play in the bowl game. Kids from Harlan County, Belfry, Bell County, Johnson Central, Prestonsburg, Knox County, and Breathitt County. Bryson Williams from Pburg would have been a big help at wide reciver this year for the KY team and just imagine if JJ Jude would have play last year for team KY. That would have made a huge difference in the game. If people remember back in 2011 the last game at the old Matewan field, Kentucky only had Mountain school kids, no Lexington or Louisville boys and whipped WV all over the field. That team had boys from Belfry, Bell County, Johnson Central, Clay County, Harlan County, Hazard, and Rowan County.

Wayne probably would have been able to beat Belfry...there is a slim chance they would have "CRUSHED" Belfry. That was a very good Wayne team last season and I will check my baggage at the door and say I honestly think they were every bit as good and probably a TD or two better. With that said, that was arguably the best Wayne team of all-time and odds are the 2nd best team in the entire state of WV last season. Belfry would have been probably the 4th or 5th best team in WV...

Where the difference comes is this..whereas almost every year over the past decade Belfry would have been a Top 5 team in WV (and probably the #1 or #2 team in 2003 and 2004), they are year-in and year-out only a Top 15 team at best in KY.

Wayne may have been the #2 team in all of WV last year but the following KY teams would have beat them handily:

Trinity, St. X, Bowling Green, Highlands, John Hardin, Scott County, Covington Catholic

These teams would either defeat them or at worst been their equal last season:
PRP, Warren Central, LexCath, Central

IMHO, Belfry vs. Wayne over the past decade would have been a tremendous matchup and very close to a split. I would see Wayne winning 2012, 2009, 2006. Belfry would have wins in 2003, 2004, 2007, 2008, and 2010. IMHO, 2011 and 2005 are toss-ups with Wayne getting the edge for 2011 and Belfry for 2005.
A secondary point:

For as good as Wayne was last season... that team is a dead ringer equal to the 2007 Belfry team who were "upset" by Central in the Championship.

That Belfry team was 14-0 and just crushed their opposition (against a tougher schedule than Wayne played) before laying an egg against a Central team that featured 4 BCS Conference D1 signees on the roster. Cobble and Wilson were in the Class of 09 and Patterson and Robinson in the Class of 2010... in the class of 2009 and the class of 2010 in THE ENTIRE STATE OF WEST VIRGINIA there were a grand total of 3 TOTAL players who signed with a BCS level D-1 school.

That Belfry team had a dominant, physical RB like Spurlock in Dustin May.
Honestly I think that the KY team from 2011 would have beat both the 2012 and 2013 teams from WV in the Hatfield McCoy Bowl. That team was loaded. Some players on that team were:
Johnson Central- JK Hall, Tanner Bratton, Cody Parker, DJ Ousley, and Caleb Wilcox
Belfry- Jeffree Pruitt, Cameron Tackett, Morgan Bentley, Preston Young, and Micah Mahon
Bell County- John Dudley Hilton and one more who I don't know the name.
Harlan County- Jesse Hensley
A couple kids from Clay County
One kid from Hazard
Two kids from Rowan County
There was no kids from any school in Lexington or Louisville