Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zeb Colter & Jack Swagger - REAL AMERICANS
Guy's, I'm watching something unfold before our very eyes. The All-American gimmick started with the intent to draw heat for the series of matches with Alberto Del Rio. His rants about the illegal aliens crossing the borders wound up getting national media coverage. Since that time, the gimmick has stayed the same, but something happened that I am not sure that the WWE expected - the fans are beginning to support it!

I thought that the Wrestlemania match-up took a turn. Del Rio was the heavy fan favorite at introductions, but as the match progressed, you could see the fans siding with Swagger. Jump ahead 3 weeks, and last Monday saw the Columbus OH fans chanting U-S-A during the match that had Zeb in. I do not foresee the WWE changing the antics, but I am very curious to see how this angle continues. This has been fun to watch, and all the sympathy that was originally expected for Del Rio and the media who jumped on this as a racist antic, is beginning to bring out what appears to be REAL AMERICAN feelings towards the real life situation.

[Image: http://cloudfront.mediamatters.org/stati...ter-fb.jpg]

I will be watching tonight to see if the fans continue to show support
Del Rio made a better heel than face.
I heard the USA chants again
Eh, it started out great with the Glenn Beck angle...but once that failed I believe the character lost alot of its steam.