Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cordia 52 - Breathitt County 42
Wildcat100 Wrote:Breathitts best chance to win the 14th region was last year but Denny blew it.. If you don't play your best players you lose. It's that simple!!!! Breathitt lost 3 key players off of that team last year; 2 graduated and one of them quit and I don't blame him.

How did Denny blow it. Thr referee made a terrible call that sent Cameron justice of knott county to the free throw line with about a second left in regulation. If the ref don't make a terrible call then the game goes into overtime and I think breathitt wins the game because they had all the momentum. The old saying is very true, players play, coaches coach, and referees decide who wins games.
hitter Wrote:How did Denny blow it. Thr referee made a terrible call that sent Cameron justice of knott county to the free throw line with about a second left in regulation. If the ref don't make a terrible call then the game goes into overtime and I think breathitt wins the game because they had all the momentum. The old saying is very true, players play, coaches coach, and referees decide who wins games.

Well if he would have played Josh Fletcher, Jordan Bellamy and Bobby Fraley the whole game instead of some of the others; I think Breathitt wins in regulation. Denny's substitution patterns that game left you scratching your head. Bellamy at 6'4" started the game and went 1-1 from 3 point land and after the 1st quarter he got taken out and never got back in the game. Way to send your senior off Coach!!

Bobby Fraley at 6'6" never even started the game and didn't get much playing time either.. When you got someone the size of Bobby, they got to play the whole game against Knott Co.

Josh Fletcher was the leading scorer through a quarter and a half with 10 or 12 pts and then he gets taken out and he don't return until the 4th quarter when someone fouls out. I can tell you this; everyone in Breathitt Co. is still scratching their heads over some of the moves Denny pulled in that game. Of course except for the parents that always stayed in Arch Turners office.

Everyone is tired of the politics though; breathitts attendance was way down this year.. One game I only counted 65 people at a home game. Pretty sad times for Breathitt Co. basketball