Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cats Play Dodgeball
LEXINGTON, Ky. (WKYT) - UK coach John Calipari has been trying everything he can to get his young team to click this season. To lighten things up Tuesday night, he turned to dodgeball.

The Cats lost freshman Nerlens Noel in a 17-point loss to Florida last week. Saturday Kentucky was routed at Tennessee 88-58. To change the mood and lift his team's spirits, Calipari staged a dodgeball game between coaches and players.

After beating Vanderbilt Wednesday 74-70, a video of the game appeared on CoachCal.com. Calipari said he had to be prepared. "I had to put a helmet on, you understand why? And they were like, I knew they were down there huddling saying, 'lets just all throw at coach.' And I'm like, you can say what you want, there's a couple of you I want to throw at too now."

Calipari said two of his players can throw the ball hard. "Willie (Cauley-Stein) has an absolute canon and so does Jon Hood. A couple of them, they can't throw."

Cauley-Stein said he never had a chance to hit his coach. "He was out before, before I could even throw at him
well maybe Hood can start a Dodgeball team next and can stay at KY...
LEXINGTON, Ky. (WKYT) - UK coach John Calipari has been trying everything he can to get his young team to click this season. To lighten things up Tuesday night, he turned to dodgeball.

The Cats lost freshman Nerlens Noel in a 17-point loss to Florida last week. Saturday Kentucky was routed at Tennessee 88-58. To change the mood and lift his team's spirits, Calipari staged a dodgeball game between coaches and players.

After beating Vanderbilt Wednesday 74-70, a video of the game appeared on CoachCal.com. Calipari said he had to be prepared. "I had to put a helmet on, you understand why? And they were like, I knew they were down there huddling saying, 'lets just all throw at coach.' And I'm like, you can say what you want, there's a couple of you I want to throw at too now."

Calipari said two of his players can throw the ball hard. "Willie (Cauley-Stein) has an absolute canon and so does Jon Hood. A couple of them, they can't throw."

Cauley-Stein said he never had a chance to hit his coach. "He was out before, before I could even throw at him
well maybe Hood can start a Dodgeball team next and can stay at KY...
If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.
^ Greattttt movie.
With next years class, Hood may need more than dodgeball to stay...
can u delet this one, didnt meant to make2 of the same
Heard that Patches was there to cover the 5 d's of dodgeball.
What an inspiration
Paypal Cal has been playing dodgeball for years. First at UMASS (Marcus Camby) and then Memphis (Derek Rose).
Seems like panic mode to me, maybe he should have tried this earlier in the year....however, they did get a win over Missouri so maybe this helped
Thought this was pretty cool!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL