Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky 87 - (16) Ole Miss 74
Huge win for the cats over a ranked team!
[Image:

]
Just goes to show that you never ever count coach cal out! Man did get these boys ready for this one. Prob the best the cats have looked in a long time. Maybe the cats have turned the corner and are ready to show what they are made of.
way to go Cats, after big lead, and big come back,they showed some fight,and shut down an overated Henderson,most his points come from ft line..KYLE is a better pure shooter than him..
Noel 11 blocks just how good can this guy be???
Nobody rag on Goodwin after this one. He dogged Henderson all night.

My God hit some free throws though. Make the front end of those one and ones and Ole Miss never climbs back in it.
Huge win! Cats showing improvement but still are frustrating to watch. Goodwin still refuses to give it up on fast breaks, can we please make some free throws, and glad to see cats play tough situation with the foul trouble. We really need Stien back for some added depth. I felt the refs were not very good and called a lot of bad calls both ways(two worst calls were on Mays when he was running down the court and Miss player jumped in front of him and Mays gets the foul call, and can't remember which UK player but in first half bringing ball up court and Miss player laying on him and pushing him out of bonds for 5-6 steps and when UK player pushes off he gets the foul call) The quality of college refs has really gone down hill ,IMO.
Good win for the Cats tonight! Goodwin played much better tonight! I hope this game is a turning point for him and the whole team for that matter. Hats off to Mays, he had 7 boards tonight! Wiltjer played hard, tough and smart! That baseline jam was sweet! Wilter had 26pts 7 rebs , 3 steals and 3 assists and 0 turnovers!
I literally scared my gf half to death jumping out of key seat when wiltjer had his two handed dunk
To quote Edith.

"Oh Aachie"

At least we got one Cat that can hit free throws.

I can't say enough about Goodwin 's and Noel's defensive efforts tonight.

Poythress too in the second half.

Wiltjer absolutely carried them in the first half.
Up and down. Roller coaster. Goodwin could be great if he learned how to pass.

Noel is unbelievable.
Henderson was way off.l
Huge Win!

Wiltjer, Noel & Goodwin played unbelieved tonight...Poythress was quiet in the first half but really turned it on in the 2nd half.

I think both he & Wiltjer are finally starting to get it...and that would be very good down the stretch.

Plus, WCS sounds like he is ready to play very soon.

Things are looking up again for this team.
Good game against a tough team on the road, but like many of you have said already, please for goodness sakes, HIT SOME FREE THROWS! They were so lucky to win like this and only going 23 for 37, dang!
FBALL Wrote:Nobody rag on Goodwin after this one. He dogged Henderson all night.

My God hit some free throws though. Make the front end of those one and ones and Ole Miss never climbs back in it.

Right! I won't rag on Goodwin.
Gotta give the kid his due when he earned it, and he did tonight.
BUT, please.......free throws.....
panther nation Wrote:Noel 11 blocks just how good can this guy be???

It was 12 block shots! I'm pretty sure Davis has never had a 12 block game!!!
You put Noel on last years team he is POT!!!!!!!!!!
IMO, this was a must win for the cats as they needed a win like this to salvage the season.
What is the record for blocks in a game?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
The way Noel attacked on defense was just simply amazing! Even with 4 fouls! Poythress could be a monster and dominate games if he would break out of his shell every game. Goodwin played alot better especially on defense. He hit most of his free throws. Still needs to pass the ball better though. Wiltjer played great. Harrow played pretty solid as well. They have to trust each other and play like a team. Things are getting better slowly but surely.
cougarpride08 Wrote:What is the record for blocks in a game?

I was listening on the radio last night and when he got a block with about two minutes left, that made his 10th, and they said that was a new school record. I got home right after that and don't know if he blocked any more or not. But nine was the old record and now Noel has the new school record.
Archie still needs to learn how to alley oop the bigs.
Shady Grady Wrote:I was listening on the radio last night and when he got a block with about two minutes left, that made his 10th, and they said that was a new school record. I got home right after that and don't know if he blocked any more or not. But nine was the old record and now Noel has the new school record.

He finished with 12 blocks! Human eraser!
I was thrilled to see our young Kentucky University men have success. They have fought through a lot of adversity this year...great job men...and I hope you have lots more success and make it to the NCAA tournament...
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Henderson was way off.l

Cal has pointd out to the rest of the country what Cat fans
have always known. Every team they play comes to the game as
th biggest game of their season, and UK gets everyone's
best effort. And many times, if not most, that leads to
someone haeving an out of their mind performacen where
they play far better than they normally can, a la Turner
for A&M. But occasionally we get to see the flip side of
the coin where a good player let's himself get too amped
and has an off game like Henderson last night. You could
just see it in his eyes in closeups, he was TOO up, and trying
to force too much, and it led to an off night despite his
final point total.

(plus the kid's a punk)
I agree on the punk comment! Showed it when they threw something at him!!!
I was LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have never saw a guy impact a game so much and only score 2 points. Noel is the best shot blocker in the country.