Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky 75 - LSU 70
Congrats to the Wildcats on the win!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
I'm so frustrated with this team!
They almost blew it. Poythress and Wiljter hit free throws late so that was good to see for a change.
LSU Stinks
I vote UK for most likely team to blow a lead in the second half...
Goodwin was a little better today. Still wild and selfish!
This is a bad team this year. That's all I can say.
Just glad the Cats got the win. They need to take care of business in Oxford Tuesday,huge game.

Former Mr Basketball Hickey with a good game in his return to Rupp Arena. They said during the game Hickey is leading the nation in steals with almost 4 per game. Always good to see ky players succeeding at the next level.
^Good to see Hickey doing well! But didn't get a chance to watch the game but followed on my phone and it seemed like we stayed at 56 points for an hour!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Alex Poythress had a huge breakout game, probably his best SEC game as a Wildcat.

Let's hope that trend continues.
I just think this team looks better with Goodwin on the bench.
No offense to you, honestjchsfan but I disagree!! Goodwyn couldn't hit a wide open uncontested lay up if his life depended on it. I thought he made the team worse when he was in the game. Won't even mention his turn overs and defensive blunders. I wouldn't let him sit on my bench.
Granny Bear Wrote:No offense to you, honestjchsfan but I disagree!! Goodwyn couldn't hit a wide open uncontested lay up if his life depended on it. I thought he made the team worse when he was in the game. Won't even mention his turn overs and defensive blunders. I wouldn't let him sit on my bench.

Instead of going 2 for 12 like did the 2 games before LSU he was 5-12 yesterday. You can bet your bottom dollar that he will lead the team is shots taken every game! I just don't understand why Cal excepts his wild Selfish play? I honestly think that if Cal would bench Goodwin and play Jon Hood this team would take off! Jon Hood is a good basketball player! I know he would play team basketball too!
Downtown10 Wrote:I vote UK for most likely team to blow a lead in the second half...

That is nothing new, Coach Cal gets out coached in second half all the time (even past years), He is great at getting the players to come to UK, but not the best X's and O's coach.
honestjchsfan Wrote:Instead of going 2 for 12 like did the 2 games before LSU he was 5-12 yesterday. You can bet your bottom dollar that he will lead the team is shots taken every game! I just don't understand why Cal excepts his wild Selfish play? I honestly think that if Cal would bench Goodwin and play Jon Hood this team would take off! Jon Hood is a good basketball player! I know he would play team basketball too!

You know, if he had just "decent" defensive skills, I could see allowing him time to mature in his offensive set. But he's clueless; nobody's home.
honestjchsfan Wrote:Instead of going 2 for 12 like did the 2 games before LSU he was 5-12 yesterday. You can bet your bottom dollar that he will lead the team is shots taken every game! I just don't understand why Cal excepts his wild Selfish play? I honestly think that if Cal would bench Goodwin and play Jon Hood this team would take off! Jon Hood is a good basketball player! I know he would play team basketball too!

Jon hood is no better than poison. With him on the court they would double noel and Kyle every low post play. Jon is a great kid but thebtalent level is out if his league.

Archie had amazing talent just a selfish head. Terrence Jones was like that his freshmen year. Maybe something will hit him. Like noel punching him or something.
This was a hard game to watch! I think if we come some of these boys on for next year. We will be hard to beat!!! Alex And Cauley-Stein need to stay on! Bye Bye Archie!!! Nerlens has to go he would be crazy if he didn't.
IMO The 2-3 Zone kills us! I forgot they don't play 2-3 Zone in AAU ball!!!
Archie Goodwin needs to buy in. His selfish play and idiotic, erratic ball handling and shooting needs to stop or we will be in the NIT.
sstack Wrote:That is nothing new, Coach Cal gets out coached in second half all the time (even past years), He is great at getting the players to come to UK, but not the best X's and O's coach.

ABSURD seems the best reply to that post.

Unfortunately, becaues we all like to see Ky kids do well, Hood
just doesn't have the physcal ability to play at this level at his
spot. He's far to slow to guard perimeter players, and far too
weak to play up front. And offensively can't offer anything
other than spot up shooting, and for some reason has never
developed any confidence in his shot at the college level
despite having been a good prep shooter, and as Cal
constantly says, is a dead-eye in practice.

Hood just doesn't offer any help to this team in place of
Goodwin. Even Goodwins out of control play gets him near
the basket and gets some fouls, and leaves a physical body on
the floor on the defensive end.
Curveball 24 Wrote:IMO The 2-3 Zone kills us! I forgot they don't play 2-3 Zone in AAU ball!!!

Zone period, kills today's players period. And it's ridiculous.
Everyone seems to think they have to shoot teams out
of zones, instead of carving them up with just a little
coordinated movement. Drives me nuts.
Observing Wrote:ABSURD seems the best reply to that post.

Really? Go back and look at how many games over the last couple years UK has had a big lead at half time and the other team out plays them second half to make it a very close game or to win it! He is out coached all the time at the half!
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Jon hood is no better than poison. With him on the court they would double noel and Kyle every low post play. Jon is a great kid but thebtalent level is out if his league.

Archie had amazing talent just a selfish head. Terrence Jones was like that his freshmen year. Maybe something will hit him. Like noel punching him or something.

I know Jon Hood is not going to play! Cal has stuck with Goodwin all season long and he just waiting until Goodwin has a good game so he can say I told you so. The big problem with that is by the time Goodwin decides to change coach Cal and UK will be in the NIT! As far as Archie having admazing talent I find that a very :biglmao:. Players like Goodwin are a dime a dozen! Selfish 6'5" guys who are good athletes, who have poor basketball skills are pretty easy to find! The guy is not even a decent defender! Cal would cuse TJ out but he pats Goodwin on the back no matter what! I am hoping for the best, that UK wins a few games in the NIT and GOODWIN goes Pro, because he is just the kind of selfish EGG to ruin next years team!
Curveball 24 Wrote:This was a hard game to watch! I think if we come some of these boys on for next year. We will be hard to beat!!! Alex And Cauley-Stein need to stay on! Bye Bye Archie!!! Nerlens has to go he would be crazy if he didn't.

Bye Bye Archie thank GOD and Greyhound!
What bugs me is how some people buy into some of the media crap! I heard all about how AP was not this or not that. I know one thing he has scored 249 points this year on just 141 shots. He is a TEAM PLAYER and a very skilled one! He is shooting over 62% from the floor for the year! It's not his fault if the coaching staff fails to get him shots! I am just a lowely Machinist, but in a Machine shop we work with and understand numbers! If a guy is shooting 62% one would think the coaching staff would be getting him the ball! Numbers don't lie!