Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grade the Corridor of New Coaches
In hiring order Stoops, Jones, Tuberville, and Petrino...past vs. projected future! A-Excellent ...F-Fail!

i.e. Petrino past- out of football serving probation D+...would have giving an F although probably building rapport and on good behavior to keep his name in the prospective coaching hat...B on the future, if he's on a good foot at WKU and they maintain 9-10 wins in two years Petrino earns a seat at the big boy table and jumps back into the SEC when the opportunity arises.

Long term we'll wait to id strength of the coaching staff they hire, recruiting class, then head-to-head matchups in the fall when applicable.

Have fun with it...congrats GUT, your boy is in the bluegrass state inching his way towards Lexington!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Spirit100 Wrote:In hiring order Stoops, Jones, Tuberville, and Petrino...past vs. projected future! A-Excellent ...F-Fail!

i.e. Petrino past- out of football serving probation D+...would have giving an F although probably building rapport and on good behavior to keep his name in the prospective coaching hat...B on the future, if he's on a good foot at WKU and they maintain 9-10 wins in two years Petrino earns a seat at the big boy table and jumps back into the SEC when the opportunity arises.

Long term we'll wait to id strength of the coaching staff they hire, recruiting class, then head-to-head matchups in the fall when applicable.

Have fun with it...congrats GUT, your boy is in the bluegrass state inching his way towards Lexington!

If Stoops turns out to be as bad or worse than Joker, Petrino will be brough in. Mark that one down. There will also be a new AD.

This just put a huge amount of pressure and stress on Stoops and Barney to beat WKU next year, and to be honest, im not sure WKU shouldnt be the favorites in that game.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:If Stoops turns out to be as bad or worse than Joker, Petrino will be brough in. Mark that one down. There will also be a new AD.
This just put a huge amount of pressure and stress on Stoops and Barney to beat WKU next year, and to be honest, im not sure WKU shouldnt be the favorites in that game.

Thats what I said in the "kentucky staff" thread and FBALL said "why would it effect Barnhart?" It looks like we aren't dumbaces after all. Barnhart is going to have the University invest big money into Stoops & the coaches he's bringing in.
^
You cant pay attention to FBALL, he hates everyone.

He has no friends.
:truestory:
Now that hurts. It's the holidays. Be nice.
I'm not 100% sold that Petrino will be brought in, but he is hands down the best coach in the state of Kentucky right now! I see him putting a decent product on the field, having a good year, and him moving to another school at the end of next year!
Stoops - B+ on the past as a DC...n/a as an HC...B- on the projected future subject to change based on his supporting cast strength and recruiting ability.

Jones - B on the past...good HC success at both Cental Michigan & UC...B on the projected future...he's got a proven track record of surrounding himself with a good staff and he'll find the players to return the Vols back to 8-10 win seasons.

Tuberville - C+ on the past as an HC...lot of uncertainties at UC with BIGEAST shake up...Midwest doesn't sweat abusive coaches ( Woody Hayes, Bob Knight, Huggins )he'll fit right in Wink....B+ if can rally bluechip OH recruits to come to UC vs. OSU and ND.

See above for Petrino. As staffs are filled we'll grade further. Speed of how long it takes to fill the positions will be interesting. Stoops has a week plus lead on the rest of them.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Stoops
past: A as an assistant
future: C, UK won't have patience to let him fix things in 4 years

Jones
past: A, he did great at CMU, pretty good at UC
future: B, Tenn. is in an odd spot, if he can surround himself with a good staff, he'll have a chance

Tuberville
past: B, had great years at Auburn, good years at TTech, but his exit from Auburn was bad
future: A, I only say this because it sounds like this plans on being his last coaching job and UC football is on the rise

Petrino
past: B, A for college, I for pro
future: A, WKu is on the rise and he gets a 2nd chance
FBALL Wrote:Now that hurts. It's the holidays. Be nice.

Confusednicker:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
You cant pay attention to FBALL, he hates everyone.

He has no friends.
:truestory:

I'm FBALL's friend but then again I'm everyone's Friend and yes lord and be hold that includes you SD...........................Big Grin