Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should all football players wrestle??
Or does basketball dominate all things in EKY...
To be honest, basketball does if you play. To me if you are not and a football player, you should do two things. Weight room and wrestling. It does help, and if you are a lineman and need to loose weight it is great. Some doesn't agree but ask Jim Matney how much it helps.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
I dont think you should have to wrestle to be a good football player. Just stay in the weightroom year around and stay in good shape. Just like people try to say playing football makes you better at basketball. Thats a crop of crap. All football does is get you beat up before basketball starts. All the basketball players have month of practice in before you even come out for the team. Choose your sports wisely.
Highlands seems to do ok and their school does not offer a wrestling program.
For obvious reason because it's Highlands.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

I have spoken to several football coaches and most agree that wrestling makes there kids better. Matney at JCC is one that i respect totally and he not only supports it he coaches his kids.
IMHO, wrestling, basketball, baseball especially, and soccer kill football teams.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:IMHO, wrestling, basketball, baseball especially, and soccer kill football teams.

The other three are up for debate, but if the football and wrestling programs are on the same page, then they definitely complement each other very well.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:IMHO, wrestling, basketball, baseball especially, and soccer kill football teams.

At our school, football kills basketball, baseball,and track. The soccer team does all right but still loses some good kids to football.
In eastern Kentucky in general we rely on girls and guys to participate in multiple sports. We have done quite well in the 8 years we have been consolidated.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!