18. Baylor
19. UNLV
20. San Diego State
21. Wisconsin
22. Gonzaga
23. Notre Dame
24. Florida State and Texas (tied)
I dig it
lol Louisville is over us? That must change..
[Image:

]
:welcome:
M'boroYellowJacket Wrote:lol Louisville is over us? That must change..

Oh, it's gonna change! It might not change until the new rankings come out on January 1st but, it will change!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Confusednicker:

I for one am glad IU and UL are above us.
All pressure off.
I dont expect us to be nowhere as good as last year, but last year surprised me as well.

40-0
In the second game of the year we get the 8th ranked team.
I honestly think it's a stupid thing to actually think a team without a single starter is ranked #3 in the country! I have no issue with taking the learning pains early in the season, but people will lose their minds when this team is near the bottom of the rankings in December! I could care less about Oct-Dec as long as this team is making progress to be a threat in the SEC tournament
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Confusednicker:

I for one am glad IU and UL are above us.
All pressure off.
I dont expect us to be nowhere as good as last year, but last year surprised me as well.

40-0

Last years team had experience to go with youth. Not this year!
^
Your right.
I dont see us being that good honestly.
I just think we have to many hole to fill and an SEC championship might even be stretching it.
I think FLA is underated in this poll. With what they have returning and coming in, they may be better than UK.

Id rather lose in November than March.
This season is going to be more like the 2010-2011 season. We'll lose a few games that's a given but I believe come March these guys will be running like a well oiled machine.
"Kentucky Football needs to be and will be a championship contender in the SEC."- Mitch Barnhart
Stardust Wrote:I honestly think it's a stupid thing to actually think a team without a single starter is ranked #3 in the country! I have no issue with taking the learning pains early in the season, but people will lose their minds when this team is near the bottom of the rankings in December! I could care less about Oct-Dec as long as this team is making progress to be a threat in the SEC tournament

I agree. The number three ranking only happens based on what Kentucky did last year and Cal's reputation with productive recruiting classes.

I'm sorry. Kentucky might deserve a top-20 ranking, but 3?! Not to say they won't be ranked in the top five at the end of the year, but Kentucky is just receiving too much hype from proving absolutely nothing yet other than Kyle Wiltjer can shoot a three-pointer.

Not only did they receive a #3 ranking, but five coaches apparently voted Kentucky as the #1 team!

I am the biggest UK fan in the state, but I can't justify this ranking.
All jokes aside..
Best not overlook UL this year..

Same with Indy.
I do expect this team to be more along the lines of 2010-2011, but I do not expect 9 loses because college basketball is down this year. It is just a great feeling to know that your staring five are all 5 star recruits.
We have top 3 talent and will be a top 5-10 team by March, but we're going to struggle early and drop in the rankings a bit. Cal has many new talents to mesh together. With Maryland and Duke our first two games, there's a good possibility we could start off 0-2. I'm confident we'll win the SEC and be a 2 or 3 seed. This team has the talent to win #9.

Next year, if we get Randle, that could be our 40-0 team. Next years class is so loaded we don't even need Wiggins to reclassify, we'll just take him in '14. Cal retires after the 40-0 season, he'd have nothing more to accomplish.
^Welcome back.
Ballers Wrote:All jokes aside..
Best not overlook UL this year..

Same with Indy.

I've been telling people the same thing. They will both be very tough this season.
Aslan Wrote:We have top 3 talent and will be a top 5-10 team by March, but we're going to struggle early and drop in the rankings a bit. Cal has many new talents to mesh together. With Maryland and Duke our first two games, there's a good possibility we could start off 0-2. I'm confident we'll win the SEC and be a 2 or 3 seed. This team has the talent to win #9.

Next year, if we get Randle, that could be our 40-0 team. Next years class is so loaded we don't even need Wiggins to reclassify, we'll just take him in '14. Cal retires after the 40-0 season, he'd have nothing more to accomplish.

Where the F have you been....
^ I was wondering the same thing.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
Your right.
I dont see us being that good honestly.
I just think we have to many hole to fill and an SEC championship might even be stretching it.
I think FLA is underated in this poll. With what they have returning and coming in, they may be better than UK.

Id rather lose in November than March.

Couldn't agree more!..

Don't think KY will be as good as what most are anticipating (UK Fans). However the good thing is the college basketball as a whole seems to be down drastically next year.. Louisville in my eyes is overrated as well.

Florida most definitely is the underdog and the team that sticks out in these rankings. They return quite a bit, including Boynton, Murphy, and Young
I think It looks great though to see those three schools at the Top !!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Where the F have you been....

Strikeout King Wrote:^ I was wondering the same thing.

Narnia required my services Big Grin
But yeah, this is a down year for college basketball overall. UK is still the most talented team and has a hell of a shot to repeat. Cal will have this team ready come March.
aslan Wrote:narnia required my services :d
but yeah, this is a down year for college basketball overall. Uk is still the most talented team and has a hell of a shot to repeat. Cal will have this team ready come march.

welcome back high king!
Aslan has returned for total domination...
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:I do expect this team to be more along the lines of 2010-2011, but I do not expect 9 loses because college basketball is down this year. It is just a great feeling to know that your staring five are all 5 star recruits.

That's a good point. IU is everyone's darling at #1 this preseason, and
I may even buy it myself. But that being said, they are a BIG step down
from what UK was as the preseason consensus #2 last year ( I won't
bother to make the comparison to the UNC flameouts)
Stardust Wrote:I honestly think it's a stupid thing to actually think a team without a single starter is ranked #3 in the country! I have no issue with taking the learning pains early in the season, but people will lose their minds when this team is near the bottom of the rankings in December! I could care less about Oct-Dec as long as this team is making progress to be a threat in the SEC tournament

100 percent agree ,theres no way there number 3 right now..
IU is the obvious #1. I agree with UofL at #2 as well. They have a shot at 30+ wins and I'll be shocked if they don't get there. After that it's a toss up. Kentucky will be good, but I'm not sure how good. Same with Ohio State and Michigan. The Tar Heels should be a surprise this year after losing so much from a year ago. I also believe Duke will be better than most think. All in all it looks good to start the year.
You're welcome for bringing Aslan back...Big Grin

And I can't believe none of you have mentioned Mizzou. They have the best team theyve ever had, and are way, way underrated. Should be top 10. They're better than Florida.

I don't think UK will struggle near as much as you all think we will. We have veterans that will be able to keep our frosh down to earth. As long as these guys buy in, and play for each other, the sky is the limit.