Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magoffin County Head Coaching Vacancy
I heard this weekend from a school board member that the former head coach at MC resigned and they are now looking for a new head coach. Apparently, the new principal is taking it very seriously and is hoping to find someone outside of the district to come in and turn the program around. The word I got from the school board member was that the principal may be putting together a committee to aide him in finding a coach. The school board member also indicated that they (the school board) is willing to do what they can to help advance the football program. This is extrmemely exciting for Magoffin County. Does anyone have any idea of anyone that may be interested in applying??? I look forward to hearing your responses.
well thats good cause we need to actually win a few games!!
It's about time.
It is about time I think also!
if they are going to take the football program serious then they need a coach like coach matt workman from sheldon clark.. he knows football and is a great coach .. he is a well rounded coach that knows both sides of the ball hire coach workman
The kids has to get dedicated also. Doesn't matter what kind of coach you have if you don't have the players willing to work just as hard!
TE#82 Wrote:if they are going to take the football program serious then they need a coach like coach matt workman from sheldon clark.. he knows football and is a great coach .. he is a well rounded coach that knows both sides of the ball hire coach workman

Who is Coach Workman? Is he planning on applying?
TE#82 Wrote:if they are going to take the football program serious then they need a coach like coach matt workman from sheldon clark.. he knows football and is a great coach .. he is a well rounded coach that knows both sides of the ball hire coach workman
he could start a wresteling team to i herd he is a great guy it will be hard to get him to come there
Battle Tested Wrote:he could start a wresteling team to i herd he is a great guy it will be hard to get him to come there

I have heard the Principal is open to starting a wrestling team.
Need to just start the entire athletics program from scratch!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Need to just start the entire athletics program from scratch!
if they start from scratch they need to get another name or mascot.
any ideas on a new mascot ...................
Hornets is fine but if they did change it to the "Magoffin Co. Tabaccoiers" ! LOL jk...Leave it at Hornets !
yea finally after this past year the administrtaion has focused on the football program.
but the administration has started 2 turn now the students do. after this past year not many kids want to play of course when they have meetings they have 30-40 kids
@ them and the first day of practice but like last year unless they get kids that stick with it they will have 15-20 left. i hope they get dedicated players and a dedicated coach. i would love to see the hornets in competition for the 4th spot in our district or better.
So lets hear of some people that may be interested in this job........ Anyone??
i dont know if coach workman would apply butput it this way coach hager would not have got to the regional finals with out him.. he is coach material he is a great defencive mind.. he coached me when i was in middle school til i graduated high school he knows football and he is also a great wresting coach they placed like 2nd in the state this year.. plus he probably could start a track team
Thank you Mr. Skaggs for doing the right thing.

Now lets hope we get a Quality Coach who can turn this program around.

:letsparty :letsparty
Word has it there have been some applicants. Any idea who is interested?
Good luck, I hope they find someone who is willing to be in it for the long haul and is organized. Pikevilles JR. high played MC JR. high this year and I saw they have some talent coming up, with that being said this program is at least 2 years away from even getting a sniff at the playoffs.
I have an idea GRAYSON SMITH??? Whats everyone think?
I think we need to leave Grayson Smith in his politics and not get it in the football program. He was in for ass coach and i think he wasnt what MC needed so i hope they find someone else JMO
I hope we get someone good, but even though we lose every game we play.. the school still goes out and supports the hornets for trying.. we need someone who is willing to work with our players and help them grow as a team.. but idk Good Luck Hornets..