Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
600 million people without power in India
http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/31/world/asia...?hpt=hp_t1
New Delhi (CNN) -- India suffered its second huge, crippling power failure in two days Tuesday, depriving as much as half of the vast and populous country, or up to 600 million people, of electricity and disrupting transport networks.
The first power grid collapse, on Monday, was the country's worst blackout in a decade. It affected seven states in northern India that are home to more than 350 million people.
But Tuesday's failure was even larger, hitting eastern and northeastern areas as well.
Both blackouts cut power in the Indian capital, New Delhi.
Try and wrap your head around that............ 600 million people almost twice the population of the US without power
600M people in India, is that just a city block?
I didn't know they had power.
Wow!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Westside Wrote:I didn't know they had power.

Thank god their telephones didn't go down, I would have anyone to help me fix my (insert anything in this spot)
Thats a lot of people!!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I don't think most of the general population do have electricity; however, one of the businesses that got hit was a crematorium in mid session.

Can you imagine?
Stardust Wrote:Thank god their telephones didn't go down, I would have anyone to help me fix my (insert anything in this spot)

Raj from Big Bang has a cousin named Bob from AT&T that i always go straight to.
I like his cousin, the lawyer that negotiated the jet ski versus the ring deal.
Granny Bear Wrote:I don't think most of the general population do have electricity; however, one of the businesses that got hit was a crematorium in mid session.

Can you imagine?
Nationwide, 67 percent of India's households have electrical service. In many areas such as Delhi, the rate is not much different than in this country (98%+). In India's poorest states, the rate is very low (in 5 of India's 32 states, the rate is below 50%).

[Image: http://si.wsj.net/public/resources/image...184504.jpg]