Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Private and Public School Seperation
Everybody talks about how "Private Schools draw from all areas," and how "It's not fair because they have so many kids out-of-district." What bugs me though is, yeah kids come in from all over, but most of them just come from far out because they enjoy the Catholic school (public schools can't talk about God, just in case you've been in a coma since birth), or they feel that kids get more attention at private schools, or they think that the private school is a better fit for academics (I'm referring to CovCath, but all private schools fit this too). With the acception of all the kids who switched to Highlands in that whole ordeal, nobody comes to CovCath just to play sports.

Yes, I know some public schools have good academics too, but it's different
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
i say as long as the students are getting educated and having a great time playing the sport of their choice then there is no real problem... honestly it's -more times than not- us fans that try to make a big deal out of things, not the student/athletes.
mingobelfryfan Wrote:i say as long as the students are getting educated and having a great time playing the sport of their choice then there is no real problem... honestly it's -more times than not- us fans that try to make a big deal out of things, not the student/athletes.

I agree, I never remember hearing a kid complain about it
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
i dont think they should be able to draw students from allaround
need some rules
Battle Tested Wrote:i dont think they should be able to draw students from allaround
need some rules

Take CovCath for example, for the most part, they only draw in kids from Kenton County (some from Boone and maybe Campbell), and that's not too far at all, and they come for the tradition, education, and all-around atmosphere, not for sports. The ones who do come solely for sports to end up at different schools usually. I agree that they shouldn't be able to draw kids from like an hour away, but the way it is up here is fine to me.
Battle Tested Wrote:i dont think they should be able to draw students from allaround
need some rules
I agree they do need so kind of rule that will limit a private school.
schs_football Wrote:I agree they do need so kind of rule that will limit a private school.

I agree that they shouldn't be able to come in from like an hour out, but I don't think you get any of that anyways. I'm doing a report on this for class, apparantly, Kentucky is one of three states who doesn't seperate them, I had no clue.

By the way, if anybody knows of any sites on the topic, or about how the voting went, or anything, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Can anybody give me a site with how the votes went and how the actual seperation would be and just whatever else please??
i wish they would split them up
sf_football Wrote:i wish they would split them up

Why? That's so stupid