Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Offensive Scheme
For me it has to be the belly-read option or the Spread Option out of Shotgun formation would uses the whole field and make the defense make plays in open spots of the field. What about you?
the belly-read option gets really boring after a while, believe me. but it works if your players know what to do. But god, i love to spread it out and throw the hell out of it. It makes the fans keep coming back unlike the belly!!
My favorite would be the wishbone and triple option from the wishbone.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
I really like the Pro-Con offense ran with a lot of misdirection.
Not that I would run it, but the old single wing with direct snaps to different people is fun to watch. Teams that execute it well can DEVASTATE an opponent.
I think it depends on where you coach/play and the class your in. If you are in AA in Eastern Kentucky (as my Sheldon Clark Cardinals are) then I would stick with a Belly based offense from multiple formations, but concentrate mostly out of the wishbone. I would have thewing-t formations installed, but still run the majority of belly plays from it. I like the wing-t formations because it dictates where and how the defense lines up. I am not a big fan of the wing-t its self tho because it is based around mis-direction and solid LBs will read guards and be lead to the play. Also it is harder to find OL for a wing-t, since agility is a must with all the pulling, than it is for the belly where you just need to blow people off the ball. I would defintaley be a belly based man.
Matney's Prodigey Wrote:I think it depends on where you coach/play and the class your in. If you are in AA in Eastern Kentucky (as my Sheldon Clark Cardinals are) then I would stick with a Belly based offense from multiple formations, but concentrate mostly out of the wishbone. I would have thewing-t formations installed, but still run the majority of belly plays from it. I like the wing-t formations because it dictates where and how the defense lines up. I am not a big fan of the wing-t its self tho because it is based around mis-direction and solid LBs will read guards and be lead to the play. Also it is harder to find OL for a wing-t, since agility is a must with all the pulling, than it is for the belly where you just need to blow people off the ball. I would defintaley be a belly based man.
I agree:Thumbs:
schs_football Wrote:I agree:Thumbs:

I'd like to see SC pass the ball more
twentythree Wrote:I'd like to see SC pass the ball more

Why do they need to? They threw just the right amount last year and they ended up playing for a regional championship. There are lots of great teams in high school football that have huge success running the football. It is hard to win year in year out throwing the football because sometimes you will have a down year on athletes, but if you still have good football players you can win running the ball.

Belfry, Russell, Bell Co, St. Xavier, Ironton, Danville, Bowilng Green. All these teams are based around running the football and even tho throwing the football may be more exciting, in Eastern Kentucky it is hard to be constent throwing the pig-skin. Look at Breathitt Co. They had a rough year last year because they graduated so much the year before. Look at what Belfry graduated the year before and the level they remained at.
That patented "Pirate Wishbone"....gotta love it. It's our bread and butter play, That's not a secret to anyone....It's just so darn hard to stop. Also having a loaded backfield isn't too shabby....Belfry has been dominant with their backfield and it will continue again this year with two 1000yd + rushers in the backfield and they're not Seniors...looks very promising.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Any type of Spread Offense
BelfryPride Wrote:That patented "Pirate Wishbone"....gotta love it. It's our bread and butter play, That's not a secret to anyone....It's just so darn hard to stop. Also having a loaded backfield isn't too shabby....Belfry has been dominant with their backfield and it will continue again this year with two 1000yd + rushers in the backfield and they're not Seniors...looks very promising.
I agree 100%:Thumbs:
Hold_'Em_King Wrote:Any type of Spread Offense
Russell did good with their Mis-Direction.