Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thunder 102 - Spurs 82 (Game 3)
Spurs leading the series 2-1
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
wow.
Thunder shut down the pick and roll. Duncan has been terrible the entire series shooting 40%. His 5/15 performance last night reminded me of an OLD man!
Pop gave this one away... Thunder started off hot but Spurs still up 2 end of 1st without Parker or Manu doing anything and Pop started the 2nd qtr with Manu, Neal, Jackson, Splitter, and Bonner. Thunder took a quick lead but Pop left those 5 in too long.

Trust me, watching him for the last 14 years, I know something was up when Neal and Jackson had more minutes in the 1st half then Leonard and Green. Pop is known for giving games away to re-focus his teams. Pop has never been a coach to care about winning streaks.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^ I disagree. The magic of last night came from the Thunder coaching staff. Putting a 6-7" guy on Parker and eliminating his ability to run off screens or throw over for the pick and roll was genius. No, Pop had no control of last night, the Thunder just outplayed them
^mixture of both.

Pop saw the writing on the wall and "gave up" that ONE game. Why wear out your old players for a game that you may not come back and win? I believe he let them rest and get mad, so they will come out ready for game 4, but more importantly 5 and 6.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^ kind of hard to yell at your players and tell them they have to fix something when they are 20-0. So, if a loss is good, it is good for Popo.
Pop gave this one up...
but he didn't give it up until the 4th quarter
Youth + Momentum ='s a scary thing for Spurs fans.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Spud6 Wrote:Youth + Momentum ='s a scary thing for Spurs fans.

Spurs will win the next 2
Thunder played really well in this game.

What do you guys think about Selfalosha (Spelling..haha) for the Thunder? IMO he is arguably the most underrated defender in the league. He has done an excellent job guarding Kobe Bryant, and had a HUGE game with six steals.
zaga_fan Wrote:Spurs will win the next 2

Not if Duncan continues to shoot 31%
WideRight05 Wrote:Thunder played really well in this game.

What do you guys think about Selfalosha (Spelling..haha) for the Thunder? IMO he is arguably the most underrated defender in the league. He has done an excellent job guarding Kobe Bryant, and had a HUGE game with six steals.

I really liked his interview after the game, never did he talk about how good he did. Even after the reporter asked him questions, he'd always respond with his team.
#BBFL
Stardust Wrote:Not if Duncan continues to shoot 31%

Duncan isn't there to score.
They won in game 2 and he went 2-11.
zaga_fan Wrote:Duncan isn't there to score.
They won in game 2 and he went 2-11.

The Thunder changed their entire defense, putting their bigs out front to stop Parker from pick and roll. The Thunder did this because Duncan could not hit a shot. His 2-11 was the ingredient for them to do this. The Thunder accomplished shutting down Parker, while Duncan went 5-15 - Spurs lost!
Stardust Wrote:The Thunder changed their entire defense, putting their bigs out front to stop Parker from pick and roll. The Thunder did this because Duncan could not hit a shot. His 2-11 was the ingredient for them to do this. The Thunder accomplished shutting down Parker, while Duncan went 5-15 - Spurs lost!

I can promise you that this game was completely a result of the Thunder being back in their hometown, backs against the wall, and some role players stepping up.

This isn't something that they will be able to do again - Scott Brooks made some changes but IMO he got bailed out by Thabo and a couple of other guys being productive on defense.

I would almost bet that the Spurs win the next game by 20+