Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost or Forgotten pro wrestling show's/gimmicks
Since it's Saturday morning, I figured this would be a good time for this thread. When I was younger, every Saturday morning my TV was on either USA Network to watch WWF Superstars or TBS to watch WCW Power Hour.

Then later in the day back over to TBS to watch WCW Saturday Night.

I miss those days, watching the promo's on the split screen during a match and the raised interview platform in the middle of the crowd. Gimmick's like "The Funeral Parlor", "The Barber Shop", "The Snake Pit", "The Brother Love Show" and my favorite.... the Jobber.
Saturday Mornings at 11:00 a.m. International Championship Wrestling

Seems like WCW used to have a Sunday evening program as well. Does anyone remember the name of it?
I miss tag team matches.
worker1 Wrote:Saturday Mornings at 11:00 a.m. International Championship Wrestling

Seems like WCW used to have a Sunday evening program as well. Does anyone remember the name of it?

Best of World Championship Wrestling
We had three network channels and the UHF channels that you had to find with Rabbit Ears. So when I was little, it was Saturday mornings with both WWWF, Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling and Georgia Championship Wrestling. I was able to get Memphis and Detroit on the Rabbit Ears when I would stay up late. I remember watching guys like the Shiek, Maniac Mark Lewin, Ernie Ladd, Bobo Brazil from Detroit. When I would got to Indianapolis, I would watch W.W.A from Chicago with my Uncle and see Dick the Bruiser, The Crusher, Bruiser Brody and Wilbur Snyder.

Once I got to High School and through my 20's it was WCW, WWF and WCCW. Along came Smokey Mountain Wrestling and Mid South as well.

Through tapes and DVD's, I've seen just about every American promotion. About 10 years ago, I started a small collection of 70'-s through the 90's of Japanese wrestling with All Japan, New Japan, FMW, and Pride (before it became legit MMA)
I would always look foward to our trip to the beach in the summer sometimes S.C other times Florida. When we would get on saturday afternoon the first thing I would do is to get the tv guide to find out when wrestling was on! In Florida it was always the great show they did. It was the first time I saw Gordon Solie call matches. In Myrtle Beach you had Mid-Atlantic late saturday night another show was on but I can't remember the name of the show. I can say the wrestlers over the last 40 years have changed the shape of the sport. Some of the things they do in the ring is hard to believe. I do believe we started watering down the product with so many nights of wrestling it was so hard to keep the product at its best.
^ Great recall! I remember doing the same thing. When we would go out of town, I would constantly flip channels just hoping to land on a wrestling show. It hardly ever worked out, but it was something that I tries incessantly
I started watching wrestling during the attitude era. On Saturday morning I always turned on to watch WWF Livewire (which may have previously been WWF Superstars) which was hosted by then-face Michael Cole. He would always to a recap of the week and talk about the upcoming PPV event. They also showed various interviews as well as random facts about the superstars.

In the evenings I always watched WCW Saturday Night. My first couple of years I really enjoyed watching it. But by the time it ended, there were a lot of young guys on the show and not much drama so I didn't watch it as much. Overall though it was a good show.