Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where do we finish next year?
Or Do you care?
National Champs
I say we are in the title hunt. The way I see it, the teams Gillispie had in 08 - 09 were good enough to succeed with a sober coach...probably 20+ wins apiece and a tournament win or two, if they have a decent coach. This years team, although very, very young will be much more talented than either of those teams. So yes, I consider them capable of having a shot.
Bennett's the key. Without him, they won't have the depth to be a serious threat to win another title. If UK signs him and avoids major injuries, then they could be in the thick of the hunt.
without any 3 point shooters we have no chance, thats what helped them this year...
Elite 8 or Final Four somewhere in that way. ESPN saying we will be lucky to make it to the Sweet 16 is bull. You have to think about it if we get Bennett or not Cal will have his players ready. Cal is one of the best in developing talent he took Harrellson from pine rider to All SEC material in one season.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Bennett's the key. Without him, they won't have the depth to be a serious threat to win another title. If UK signs him and avoids major injuries, then they could be in the thick of the hunt.

I feel the same way....

but UK was within a couple of plays of playing Butler in the championship game a couple of years ago with a 6 man rotation lol

So you never know
With Bennett, the talent is there. Without him, overall talent will be down.
It seems were gonna be like we were 2 years ago. Expect some of these kids to be here for 2 years.
I'll tell ya once next January rolls around.
No less than a Sweet 16 but with Bennett another year to contend for the title.
I hope it doesn't happen but everyone has a bust somewhere along the way...woudlnt it be horrible if noel turned out to be a bust..doubt itll happen but just the thought. I beleive Kentucky's future is still in the air untill we recruit the rest of our team
Greatness Wrote:I hope it doesn't happen but everyone has a bust somewhere along the way...woudlnt it be horrible if noel turned out to be a bust..doubt itll happen but just the thought. I beleive Kentucky's future is still in the air untill we recruit the rest of our team

Hope not!! That would suck!! I do think this will be one of those years that we will need ALL of these guys to come in and perform well, sort of like the Knight/Jones final four team. We had great contributions from Knight, Jones, and Lamb's class, but had we received any sort of contribution from Vargas or Poole, we would be looking at back to back titles right now.
40-0
^I agree!

Seriously I think we'll struggle(play bad, but still win) at first, as most of Cals young teams do. Indiana will end our home win streak. Duke and UL will be tough games too. But the talent will eventually mesh. This is the most talented team in the country again, nobody has as many future pros as we do. With or without Bennett this will be a good team at the end of the season. I'd rather have him though Wink
We'll go to the Elite 8. And have a great chance to win the title.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Aslan Wrote:^I agree!

Seriously I think we'll struggle(play bad, but still win) at first, as most of Cals young teams do. Indiana will end our home win streak. Duke and UL will be tough games too. But the talent will eventually mesh. This is the most talented team in the country again, nobody has as many future pros as we do. With or without Bennett this will be a good team at the end of the season. I'd rather have him though Wink

I actually think we will be able to pull it out against Indiana. They are good, but they greatly overachieved this year.
Stardust Wrote:40-0

Retweet
40-0! lol
Wish we would have been playing duke with this team.
Sweet 16 or Elite 8. Nobody makes the Elite 8 every season. We have to remember that is still a great accomplishment. This team has NO experience. All of Cal's previous UK teams had someone with experience on the roster. (Patterson, Miller/Liggins, Miller/Jones/Lamb)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Wish we would have been playing duke with this team.

We would have shown them and UPS a great example of team logistics.
Look at this great youtube video that I've found:

Smile
zaga_fan Wrote:I feel the same way....

but UK was within a couple of plays of playing Butler in the championship game a couple of years ago with a 6 man rotation lol

So you never know

That's the thing. You have to see how it plays out. Who would have thought
the '11 team could make the FF, but they were probably the best team
in it, just needed a little concentration on a couple of free throws
and this year's squad would have been trying to repeat.
Depth amyu or may not be an issue regardless of Bennett.
Aslan Wrote:^I agree!

I don't think so...
If you're going to dream, dream big. Repeat.
I think we'll make the Final Four...