Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baker Installations
You guys ever had any contact with them? ME and Vundy is working for them now and i have loved it so far.

How has your experiences with them been?
quick, both of you get me a job....I'm poor ='/
You go to school white boy. This is a 6 days a week 10 hour shift job.
What do you all do WC?
Where contractors for suddenlink. We install cable in peoples houses. Run new lines from the taps on the poles. Its not bad at all really. Company truck and gas card. Bonus if you meet your units every week.
^
That doesnt sound bad at all.
When i was younger i always thought about trying to get a job for the cable company. It seems like a pretty decent job.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Where contractors for suddenlink. We install cable in peoples houses. Run new lines from the taps on the poles. Its not bad at all really. Company truck and gas card. Bonus if you meet your units every week.

Belt and hooks or a ladder?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:You go to school white boy. This is a 6 days a week 10 hour shift job.

Sounds like a racist comment.....
Bob Seger Wrote:Belt and hooks or a ladder?

We use a 100 pound 28 foot ladder. That kicks my ass daily. With a safety belt that latches around the pole.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
That doesnt sound bad at all.
When i was younger i always thought about trying to get a job for the cable company. It seems like a pretty decent job.

Yea I've only been here a week but I like it pretty good.
^
Ive got friend who use to work for Direct TV installing satellite dishes and all that and he quit to take a job with new wave cable which is now time warner and he said he makes a lot better money with the cable company then he ever did sattelite.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:We use a 100 pound 28 foot ladder. That kicks my ass daily. With a safety belt that latches around the pole.

Try hookin em all day and see how that feels....lol
The normal world sucks, lol.

Baker also contracts with Inter Mountain as well, by the way.
Bob Seger Wrote:Try hookin em all day and see how that feels....lol

Its alot safer than the ladder I think. I helped asplundh or however u spell it a few days. Well I helped my cousin and I felt much safer that way.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Its alot safer than the ladder I think. I helped asplundh or however u spell it a few days. Well I helped my cousin and I felt much safer that way.

Yeah, I always hated ladders. I hooked em for about 10 years back in the day with Ma Bell and always preferred it that way. The gaffs for climbing trees are different than the ones for climbing poles though. The ones for poles are not angled as sharply as those for trees. AND it's a lot easier to Burn a pole than it is a tree. Plus you have tree limbs to grab onto that you dont have with a pole. Really it's similar in one way, but very much different when you get right down to it.
I would rather do ANY Army related activity than to climb that freakin' ladder...I'm alot more used to it now, but it scares the crap out of me, haha.

What kind of job did you have Bob that got you that experience??
[quote=vundy33]I would rather do ANY Army related activity than to climb that freakin' ladder...I'm alot more used to it now, but it scares the crap out of me, haha.

What kind of job did you have Bob that got you that experience??[/QUOTE]

Actually Vundy I have a lot of experience in telecommunications in just about all aspects of it. Not so much in wireless however. Everything is pretty much hard wired with my resume. I have a lot of TV cable experience from building the tower. to running the cable, to balancing the boosters, to running the drop. My main experience however comes from working for Ma Bell. I did everything from working in the CO to maintaining/splicing cables to installing residential phones to installing complex PBX systems in very large commercial applications from here all the way to Texas. You're way to young to remember when the word Ma Bell was the only name there was when the thought of telecommunications came up. In fact, you as well as most of the posters on here probably dont even have the first clue as to what I'm even talking about. "Ma Bell" was the nickname of the monopoly that was under the control of AT&T. There were several "Baby Bells" that were under that umbrella. AT&T is nowhere near the same company then as what it is now. It was at the time of my employment the largest corporation in the world...period. A total communications monopoly, ........world wide. There were probably 12-15 Baby Bells (South Central Bell, Southwestern Bell, Ohio Bell, Pacific Bell, Cincinnati Bell, etc., etc., etc.) along with Bell Labratories and Western Electric. Bell Labs was responsible for R&D while Western Electric was the manufacturing arm of AT&T. We were dismanted and broken up by the federal government in 1981-82. Again this was just before the development of the huge wireless boom. We were just at that time transferring from analog/pulse to digital. I was involved in the early stages of that transformation. Cellular was in it's very infancy.
Bellsouth. My first email account.
^
lol. Mine too. It came with my dial up internet back in the 90s LOL.
Bellsouth still has email, even though ATT owns them. My main email for my internet ends with @bellsouth.net

Thats where my wildcatk23 comes from.
TheRealVille Wrote:Bellsouth still has email, even though ATT owns them. My main email for my internet ends with @bellsouth.net

lol i know.
I was just referring to the fact that my dial up bellsouth internet has been long gone for a while now.
Dial up seems like the stone age now. And there are a lot of people that still use it.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:lol i know.
I was just referring to the fact that my dial up bellsouth internet has been long gone for a while now.
Dial up seems like the stone age now. And there are a lot of people that still use it.
Man, I remember dial up. Sucky years.
^
lol, i loved calling somebody that was using dial up internet and getting that screeching sound on the other end.