Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dick Vitale: Kentucky Will Cut Down the Nets in New Orleans
Dick Vitale says the Kentucky Wildcats will cut down the nets in New Orleans.

Vitale predicts that there "will be joy and jubilation in Big Blue Nation" following the program's eighth national championship.

Here is an excerpt:

My feeling is, when it is all said and done, there will be joy and jubilation in Big Blue Nation. In looking over the draw, I like John Calipari's Kentucky Wildcats to bring back the gold trophy to Lexington.

OK, OK, yes basketball fans, Kentucky has shown they can be beat. Their journey to New Orleans made them come up empty as they lost to a talented Vanderbilt team for the SEC championship Sunday. Something tells me that the motitvational talents of John Calipari will be at its best in getting the attention of his talents Cats squad. Yes, my friends, I have a funny feeling that their next trip to the Big Easy will be filled with jubilation and joy.

I know Calipari wants this moment badly. He has posted all kind of numbers, going 52-0 in home games since taking over the 'Cats, 30-win seasons, players receiving All-America honors. He has had No. 1 overall draft picks and a record five players go in the first round. This current edition of Kentucky basketball has all of the elements that are essential in winning the national title.

http://www.allkyhoops.com/2012/03/dick-v...-nets.html
I hope that he is right. I hope to be proved wrong that I do not think one and dones can win a championship.

This got me to thinking what was the youngest team to win the NCAA tournament. If I remember correctly, it was the 2003 syracuse team which had Carmello Anthony. They started 1 senior, 2 sophmores, and 2 freshman. This in a way mimics UK this year minus Darius Miller not starting each game.

IMO, I see the only that they will win it all is if Darius Miller acts like a senior and takes on a leadership role. To do this Cal needs to start him each game. I know that Miller has what it takes to lead the team but I don't know if he is assertive enough. I do know that the team needs a leader. MKG would make a great one if he would stay more than 1 year.

This is just my 2 cents.
Love seeing him pick this being he is so often wrong on games outside the ACC.
David Aldridge also picked Kentucky to win the National Title and then John Calipari bolts for the NBA to the Washington Wizards
It will NEVER happen. Would not shock me the least bit if WKU upset UK.
If anyone has watched Dick make his pick for the title every year, you will know that he usually always goes with the overall #1 seed.
If coach leaves the NCAA dogs will be sniffing around soon after.