Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trigg County 2012
Solid pitching at the top and a more potent offense should help Trigg County’s 2012 softball team do better than last season’s three-win campaign.

“It’s almost like we have a completely different team,” head coach Lacey Briscoe said. “We have three starters coming back. Everybody else is new, but it’s the first year that everybody here has played for me at least one season. I’m not having to teach fundamentals. Now, we can actually start building.”

Last year’s senior leaders were Di’Asia Huyghue, Ashlee McGee, Morgan Parker and Elizabeth Torian, and this year’s senior group includes Sierra Bush, Shanease Byers and Brianna Messmer. This will be the third season for Bush and Messmer to play for Briscoe and the second for Byers after she missed last season. Those leaders will be key on a team that features 12 middle schoolers.

“If anybody knows what I expect, it’s going to be them,” Briscoe said. “It will be a positive this year because they’re already talking to the middle school girls and telling them what’s going to happen if they don’t step up.”

Read more: Cadiz Record - SOFTBALL Expectations higher for Lady Cats after three wins in 2011