Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region 3 Team Districts
Something needs to be done about the 3 team districts. Pike County has 6 teams and gets two three team districts. This means that they play 4 regular season district games and whoever has the best record wins their conference and are automatically in the regional tournament before they even play a district tournament game. 4 of their 6 teams get in the regional tournament. The 57th district has 5 teams, have been beating up on each other all year, absolutely have 4 of the best teams in the region, yet only two will make it to the regional tournament. The 58th, 59th and 60th districts have a combined record of 5 wins and 29 losses against 57th district teams. Two of the top teams in the region won't get a chance to even play in the regional tournament while weaker teams from other districts will. I say do away with the district tournaments, throw each team in the region in a hat and play a 15 team regional tournament.
t4p3r8 Wrote:Something needs to be done about the 3 team districts. Pike County has 6 teams and gets two three team districts. This means that they play 4 regular season district games and whoever has the best record wins their conference and are automatically in the regional tournament before they even play a district tournament game. 4 of their 6 teams get in the regional tournament. The 57th district has 5 teams, have been beating up on each other all year, absolutely have 4 of the best teams in the region, yet only two will make it to the regional tournament. The 58th, 59th and 60th districts have a combined record of 5 wins and 29 losses against 57th district teams. Two of the top teams in the region won't get a chance to even play in the regional tournament while weaker teams from other districts will. I say do away with the district tournaments, throw each team in the region in a hat and play a 15 team regional tournament.

I don't think that will happen for a while. That would mean you'd lose all the district tournament revenue around the state.

As long as there are at least 256 teams in the state, you can have 64 four-team districts. The KHSAA will probably realign soon, when the new McCracken school is finished.
HDE Wrote:I don't think that will happen for a while. That would mean you'd lose all the district tournament revenue around the state.

As long as there are at least 256 teams in the state, you can have 64 four-team districts. The KHSAA will probably realign soon, when the new McCracken school is finished.

In the 15th region, counting all 4 districts and the regional tournament you have a total of 18 games. If you eliminate the district tournaments and everyone plays in the regional tournament you would have 14 games. If done correctly you could make up the revenue for the 4 games you would lose.
Amen to that.. By far the 57th district is the toughest district in the 15th region. Magoffin already beat Shelby Valley, and Lawrence beat Pike Central twice and Betsy Layne by 20.. Speaks for itself..
We can,t help it That your four counties are geographically located somewhat close to each other and Pike County has 6 teams.

That would be ridiculous to change it now
I hate to say it, but Shelby Valley is by far the best team in the region since they took Fraley away from us.
EasyMoney Wrote:I hate to say it, but Shelby Valley is by far the best team in the region since they took Fraley away from us.

EasyMoney obviously likes easy districts. And time will tell if Shelby Valley is by far the best team in the region.
This is brought up all the time. Problem is none of the Floyd Co teams want to leave their district and the 57th teams are too far away to be put in the 59th 0r 60th. I know I for one could not afford the gas to make two or more trips to Lawrence when it was their turn to hold the tourney. Four years ago SC was to be put in the 60th but someone nixed it. If you put two of Floyds teams in 59 and 60 there would be a fight over who gets Pairist. Whoever did that would be almost a free pass to region for one district. So what do you do.
fedscreekviking Wrote:This is brought up all the time. Problem is none of the Floyd Co teams want to leave their district and the 57th teams are too far away to be put in the 59th 0r 60th. I know I for one could not afford the gas to make two or more trips to Lawrence when it was their turn to hold the tourney. Four years ago SC was to be put in the 60th but someone nixed it. If you put two of Floyds teams in 59 and 60 there would be a fight over who gets Pairist. Whoever did that would be almost a free pass to region for one district. So what do you do.

Do away with the districts, everyone plays in the regional tournament at the expo center and may the best team win.
It's pretty unlikely the KHSAA will allow the 15th to eliminate districts and keep them in the other 15 regions.
You're probably going to get a few new teams eventually. Knott and Jenkins have been mentioned in the past as possibilities.
EasyMoney Wrote:I hate to say it, but Shelby Valley is by far the best team in the region since they took Fraley away from us.
Really?
HDE Wrote:It's pretty unlikely the KHSAA will allow the 15th to eliminate districts and keep them in the other 15 regions.
You're probably going to get a few new teams eventually. Knott and Jenkins have been mentioned in the past as possibilities.

The main point being, instead of rumors of teams moving or teams being mentioned as moving, something needs to be done to even the playing field. In the 57th district, the 4th and 5th place teams have to win 2 games to get to the regional while the 59th and 60th districts have to win 1 and if you win the regular season you don't have to win any to get to the regional.