Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ashland kittens vs. rowan who wins?
I'm going with Ashland by 14
After reading the article today by the Point Guard (Aaron Snyder) of the Daily Independent, sounds like this could be a close one. I'll pick Ashland by a couple just because they are playing at Blazer. Sounds like the Kitten's will have their hands full containing the front-runner for 16th region player of the year.
I don't really buy in to that. I think she's a great player and is scoring in the 20s in every game but let's face it if Ashland didn't have such a deep bench and their starters played most of the game they too would be scoring in the 20s. Like I said dont take me wrong she is a great player and deserves whatever awards she gets
ncis Wrote:I don't really buy in to that. I think she's a great player and is scoring in the 20s in every game but let's face it if Ashland didn't have such a deep bench and their starters played most of the game they too would be scoring in the 20s. Like I said dont take me wrong she is a great player and deserves whatever awards she gets

Good point - Ashland does have very balanced scoring in the games I have seen. Several times I have seen 3 or 4 with double figures in the box scores, but I don't think I've seen any of Ashland's players actually score 20 in a game.
ncis Wrote:I don't really buy in to that. I think she's a great player and is scoring in the 20s in every game but let's face it if Ashland didn't have such a deep bench and their starters played most of the game they too would be scoring in the 20s. Like I said dont take me wrong she is a great player and deserves whatever awards she gets

I will respectively disagree. If any girl on Ashland by herself played for another team and had to face a great defensive team like Ashland, I say only two girls from Ashland would get 20 plus. The two girls would be Robinson and Foutch. They are the best players on the team. The rest of the girls are great complimentary players to go around these two special players.
Ashland plays well at home, so I would say Ashland by 11.
I believe that the Kittens will pull this one out. Should be a very good game. While I do believe that Robinson and Foutch are very good players and are probably going to be even better, I do not believe that they are the only 2 that would score 20 points in a game. If Gambill is hitting she could easily score 20, Heaberlin has had a couple of games with high double figures and so has Farris. This is a very good team all around.
Ashland by 8 now...regionals may be different.
I'm saying 20+ Ashland, and Lewis won't get near here average, especially if Robinson guards her.
FrankenMonkey Wrote:I will respectively disagree. If any girl on Ashland by herself played for another team and had to face a great defensive team like Ashland, I say only two girls from Ashland would get 20 plus. The two girls would be Robinson and Foutch. They are the best players on the team. The rest of the girls are great complimentary players to go around these two special players.

I will have to strongly disagree with this statement . The Robinson girl is the best offensive player probably in the region right now, she is young and lacks strength which will come, struggles in one on one defense. Foutch is a good role player but probably sixth or seventh best on team. Gambill is the best shooter, Farris best athlete and best defender makes team go. Heaberlin best rebounder. All together making best team in region.

I believe if gambill, farris, or Robinson palyed on a fairview caliber team they would easily average 25 a game no question asked
You reckon? Fairview sucks and so does the rest of the region for that matter.