Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tristatefootball.com - 2011 Season in Rewind: NKY teams
tristatefootball.com does not do a season rewind for every team since they cover 137 teams in the Greater Cincinnati area. They do one for state champions and they usually pick a few teams that had memorable seasons. The following are the teams in NKY that got it in alphabetical order.

Boone County Rebels
http://tristatefootball.com/articles.asp?ArticleID=3751

Covington Catholic Colonels
http://tristatefootball.com/articles.asp?ArticleID=3712

Highlands Bluebirds
http://tristatefootball.com/articles.asp?articleid=3747

Holy Cross Indians
http://tristatefootball.com/articles.asp?ArticleID=3729
Nice recap of the Highlands season. Have to defend my nephew (Highlands center). In the game 5 recap, it stated that an errant shotgun snap resulted in Highlands turning the ball over to CovCath on the Highlands 2 yd line. Wrong. The snap was on target. The ball slipped out of Pat's hands as he cocked his arm, after rolling out, to pass. Now my nephew did have some errant shotgun snaps and benefitted heavily from Pat being 6'5" or so, but that wasn't one of them.:lmao:
Really nice recap
charlie22 Wrote:Nice recap of the Highlands season. Have to defend my nephew (Highlands center). In the game 5 recap, it stated that an errant shotgun snap resulted in Highlands turning the ball over to CovCath on the Highlands 2 yd line. Wrong. The snap was on target. The ball slipped out of Pat's hands as he cocked his arm, after rolling out, to pass. Now my nephew did have some errant shotgun snaps and benefitted heavily from Pat being 6'5" or so, but that wasn't one of them.:lmao:

It's always the QB's fault isn't it? :lmao:
pigskin Wrote:It's always the QB's fault isn't it? :lmao:

Coming from a former center, if it hits the QB in the hands, then yes it's their fault.
pigskin Wrote:It's always the QB's fault isn't it? :lmao:

QBs get all the glory; only fair they get a little blame now and then. :yikes:
charlie22 Wrote:Nice recap of the Highlands season. Have to defend my nephew (Highlands center). In the game 5 recap, it stated that an errant shotgun snap resulted in Highlands turning the ball over to CovCath on the Highlands 2 yd line. Wrong. The snap was on target. The ball slipped out of Pat's hands as he cocked his arm, after rolling out, to pass. Now my nephew did have some errant shotgun snaps and benefitted heavily from Pat being 6'5" or so, but that wasn't one of them.:lmao:

If you know Patrick, he'd be the first to take responsibility for that fumble. I think he even mentioned it in his post-game interview.
horst muhlmann Wrote:If you know Patrick, he'd be the first to take responsibility for that fumble. I think he even mentioned it in his post-game interview.

As you know, I do know Patrick and he did take responsibility for the fumble. Heck, I've had fun teasing him about it. Please don't take my initial post as putting a dig on Patrick. Not my intent at all. Just wanted to correct a minor mistake in the recap while having a little fun, and I'm very aware that Patrick saved multiple high snaps during the course of the year. Mitch will need to eliminate those high snaps next year. Playing center (in a shotgun set) is the toughest spot on the O line.
Highlands center did an outstanding job all season. Any shotgun snap center will have a few sail from time to time. Sure he benefitted from a tall QB on occasion, but I'm sure all Highlands fans are glad he returns. I always admired guys who could snap the ball, while still concentrating on blocking the instant the ball was gone. #62 is a very reliable player.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Highlands center did an outstanding job all season. Any shotgun snap center will have a few sail from time to time. Sure he benefitted from a tall QB on occasion, but I'm sure all Highlands fans are glad he returns. I always admired guys who could snap the ball, while still concentrating on blocking the instant the ball was gone. #62 is a very reliable player.

Thanks for the compliments on #62. As mentioned above, he's my nephew. Good kid. I don't think he was too fond of the idea of being moved to center before last year, but he embraced the "suggestion" and worked his tail end off to become a good center (I think a very good center, but I may be a tad bit biased. LOL!). Last year was the first year he ever played center. He has been working his tail end off in the weightroom since the state game. Adding 20 lbs of muscle before the first game would help him a lot and he's on his way.

In one way, the center is a lot like QBs and receivers: the well thrown ball, the caught pass and the on target shotgun snap is taken for granted. The poorly thrown ball, the dropped pass and the bad shotgun snap stick out like a sore thumb.
Tell him and his buddies to keep working! No reason to stop the streak anytime soon.
charlie22 Wrote:In one way, the center is a lot like QBs and receivers: the well thrown ball, the caught pass and the on target shotgun snap is taken for granted. The poorly thrown ball, the dropped pass and the bad shotgun snap stick out like a sore thumb.

Center is a very tough position to play. Most centers call out the blocking schemes for the o-line. set the tempo for the offense. and has to block without much of a head start. all that while delivering a clean snap.

and it is the only position guaranteed to touch the ball every offensive play.