Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
School Closings for Tusday 1/3/12
Thought this might help some people out and schools can be added as we move throughout the night.

So far
Knott County Closed
Jackson County Closed
June Buchanon 2 Hour delay
For those not familiar with EKY, Jacson County literally gets out of chool if its cloudy.
I swear that schools has more closings every year than any other school.....

Tonight, however, is legit, there have been some bad wrecks in far SEKY today....
Interstate 75 shut down in Corbin in the northbound
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:For those not familiar with EKY, Jacson County literally gets out of chool if its cloudy.
I swear that schools has more closings every year than any other school.....

Tonight, however, is legit, there have been some bad wrecks in far SEKY today....
Interstate 75 shut down in Corbin in the northbound

I'd bet my life that Jackson doesn't close as much as Floyd Co., lol. I used to date a girl that went to Pburg, and her senior year she was with me nearly everyday I was home, lol. Part of Dec, most of January. It's crazy.
^
Think again.
I think youd be astonished to see how many times a year Jackson County is the only school in the entire state thats closed.
How much snow is expected there?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Letcher County is closed now.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
Think again.
I think youd be astonished to see how many times a year Jackson County is the only school in the entire state thats closed.

It does sound familiar as being one of the few along with Floyd, and sometimes the only schools to be closed when I was in highschool...I'd get pissed that we had to go and they didn't, lol.
I wish I were back in school now.

I have to travel 2 1/2 hours tomorrow for an engagement at work lol.
it's not even doing anything here in Irvine. the ground is clear and the roads are dry. It's pouring down in Richmond tho and it's stuck to the roads. I checked out the weather and it looks clear maybe a few snow shower spots in a few places but other than that it's clear. According to the 7-Day forecast it's not suppose to do anything until Saturday and that looks like rain.
Breathitt County
Letcher County
Perry County
Pulaski County

those are now closed for tomorrow
Southern Head Start in Pulaski County is Closed

I don't get that Knott County is closed but June Buchanan isn't, there in the same county
even tho it's not listed I'm pretty sure Harlan County is closed from what I seen on Facebook
Morgan County
Winchester Christian Academy

are now closed
Leslie County is now closed
Knox County is closed
vundy33 Wrote:It does sound familiar as being one of the few along with Floyd, and sometimes the only schools to be closed when I was in highschool...I'd get pissed that we had to go and they didn't, lol.

Yea, ive seen Floyd a lot as well.
Jackson County ive seend the most, Knox County is a close second and Floyd is right up there.

I remember when i was in school, we'd (Whitley) get out every time snow even fell, its changed now and Whitley only gets called off when it gets pretty bad.
I think its due to the new roads being built everywhere and the easier access routes for buses.
Strikeout King Wrote:Southern Head Start in Pulaski County is Closed

I don't get that Knott County is closed but June Buchanan isn't, there in the same county

A lot of times, city schools and private schools wont get out when the bigger county schools will.
It all has to do with where the bus has to travel. If you think about how many hollers there are in EKY the country schools buses hardly ever get roads that are salted, while city schools have salt truck out all night.
Breathitt County Schools
Jackson County Schools
June Buchanan School Two Hour Delay
Knott County Schools
Knox County Schools
Leslie County Schools
Letcher County Schools
Morgan County Schools
Perry County Schools
Pulaski County Schools
Science Hill Head Start
Southern Head Start-Pulaski Co.
Wabaco Christian Academy
Winchester Christian Academy
Menifee County is closed (Lex 18)
Strikeout King Wrote:it's not even doing anything here in Irvine. the ground is clear and the roads are dry. It's pouring down in Richmond tho and it's stuck to the roads. I checked out the weather and it looks clear maybe a few snow shower spots in a few places but other than that it's clear. According to the 7-Day forecast it's not suppose to do anything until Saturday and that looks like rain.

I was in Richmond today, and it hit on my way up threw Rockcastle County and then when i got back into london, it was pouring again.
Since then it came a down pour here in corbin earlier and just stopped, not a lot of accumalation but it it made the roads very slick.
I75 was closed in Corbin after a wreck caused the closing.
I also seen in the news in NKY that a 30 car pile up happened.
I checked the weather earlier and it looked like it wasn't gonna stay long, maybe overnight or a day or two. It came a down pour in Irvine earlier around 12 and some stuck to people's yards but the road was clear
Jenkins
Riverside Christian

Are closed
Can't believe Pike Co isn't closed yet with the way it's snowing here...guarantee it'll be closed by morning, though. There was 3 inches over towards Shelby Valley at my girl's house.
Bell County
Lewis County
MArtin
Whitley County
Redbird Missionary