Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grinell's Lentsch scores 89 points, best in D-III history
Move over, Kobe.

CAPTIONGrinnell athletics file photo
Bryant's 81 points in one NBA game in 2006 were impressive ... but they would have been more impressive if they were 89.

That'd be more like Grinnell's Griffin Lentsch, who scored 89 points in the Pioneers' 145-97 win over Principia.

Lentsch set the NCAA Division III record for single-game scoring with the performance. He broke the mark set by another Grinnell player, Jeff Clement, who scored 77 on Feb. 18, 1998.

Lentsch shot 27-for-55 from the floor, including 15-for-33 from 3-point range. He was 20-for-22 from the foul line. He played 36 minutes.

The 89 points is the third-most in NCAA men's basketball history.

"It's still setting in," Lentsch told Grinnell's official athletics website after the game. "I didn't think I would ever score that many points."

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/...-history/1
A white kid? wtf? lol
Who are #1 & #2 in NCAA history and what are those totals? Amazing that 89 is third most.
RoShamBo Wrote:Who are #1 & #2 in NCAA history and what are those totals? Amazing that 89 is third most.

Bevo Francis scored 116 points in 1953 for Rio Grande College
He also scored 113 in a game in 1954

Frank Selvy scored a 100 for Furman in 1954
Bevo Francis of Rio Grande College scored 113 points in one game against Hillsdale College in 1954. This is recognized by the NCAA as the highest one-game total ever (all divisions). Frank Selvy of Furman (division one) scored 100 points in one game against a division two school.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Who_scored_the...z1eIHYxoan
^
Beat ya :biggrin:
While looking that up i was surprised to see that a kid in middle school named Bob Harrison in 1941, an eighth grader, scored 139 points.

BTW, his team won 139-8. LOL
Charlie Marcum scored 64 points in elementary school for the grassy falcons.