Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5A District 7/8 Playoff Bracket
dore20 Wrote:Kyle Huff is a better passer then Johnson. Perry's receiver are head and shoulders better then LCC's and Perry could only come within two touchdowns. Im sorry but unless Logans ole cousin Tim comes out and plays Letcher dose not have a chance in hell of beating Harlan. But ya kno what i hope your right so that it will be even easier for PCC to win region.

then what does that say about PCC. PCC beat LCC 13-7 without johnson.
shot_calla Wrote:Perry Central was better than Harlan County
The refs screwed them and they are out for blood

in the playoffs the refs can;t be from the reg the two teams is from.
i honestly think that if perry makes it far enough in the playoffs an get another shot at harlan they can win. they completely exposed harlan. & im sure bell county will see that in game film.
cj2561 Wrote:then what does that say about PCC. PCC beat LCC 13-7 without johnson.

They also played absolutely horrible. Johnson iis a great football layer but he is not a better QB then Huff and Johnson sure as heck cant carry Letcher ast Harlan. Harlan is just to good.
dore20, you got to be kidding thinking Huff is a better qb than Johnson, who is recruiting Huff at qb????? Johnson several SEC schools,Eastern,Murray,VT,UI. Not saying Huff is not a good qb but he is not on the same page with Johnson, if Johnson dont get hurt he would be well over 4,000 yards passing by now, he has had 4 400 yard plus games. When its all said and done lets see what school they go to and that is the true judge i'm just saying.
mtntopblue Wrote:dore20, you got to be kidding thinking Huff is a better qb than Johnson, who is recruiting Huff at qb????? Johnson several SEC schools,Eastern,Murray,VT,UI. Not saying Huff is not a good qb but he is not on the same page with Johnson, if Johnson dont get hurt he would be well over 4,000 yards passing by now, he has had 4 400 yard plus games. When its all said and done lets see what school they go to and that is the true judge i'm just saying.

exactly what SEC schools are recruiting Johnson?
Dont get me wrong, Johnson is a game change for Letcher, it showed Friday against Whitley, but i would just about guess that you were over doing it with the SEC schools thing.
comeback_kidxXx Wrote:i honestly think that if perry makes it far enough in the playoffs an get another shot at harlan they can win. they completely exposed harlan. & im sure bell county will see that in game film.

PCC scored some points but how do you "completely expose" a team when you give up 44 points?
mtntopblue Wrote:dore20, you got to be kidding thinking Huff is a better qb than Johnson, who is recruiting Huff at qb????? Johnson several SEC schools,Eastern,Murray,VT,UI. Not saying Huff is not a good qb but he is not on the same page with Johnson, if Johnson dont get hurt he would be well over 4,000 yards passing by now, he has had 4 400 yard plus games. When its all said and done lets see what school they go to and that is the true judge i'm just saying.

The reason Huff isn't getting as heavily recruited as Johnson is because Huff isn't related to one of the best Kentucky QB's ever.
cj2561 Wrote:in the playoffs the refs can;t be from the reg the two teams is from.

Sounds good to me!

By SEC he means South Eastern Connecticut
District 8 will sweep the 1st round. HC will beat LCC hands down in the second round. The whitley/pcc game will be a good one but I think whitley pulls it out. HC will then take whitley in the region with a bigger spread than in the reguar season
Harlan Co. vs Southwestern for regional finals. I believe that game would be at Southwestern.
If Johnson had HC's line & Huff's recievers people would quickly understand how much better Johnson is.....He is MUCH better.
Norm Peterson Wrote:PCC scored some points but how do you "completely expose" a team when you give up 44 points?

By putting 3 consecutive touchdown drives on a team in a single quarter while neutralizing their offense on the other side of the ball....
if you can replicate that over the course of a game you probably won't lose
^
Johnson is a game changer.
I remember when he took over for the Banks kid LCC had, everyone was saying, "oh hes good but hes no banks and never will be".
Well IMHO, hes better.
I really think Logan will get this team at least two more wins. Will be hard to defeat those Black Bears, but you know he wants one more crack at them.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Aslan Wrote:Huff is good, but I have to admit Johnson is better. He's don't have Huffs line or receivers and still puts up great numbers.

While I didn't get to see Johnson in action, I have to say they have a pretty good line. They had excellent size and strength, and I expect that with him coming back for the injury that they are more focused than ever to provide good protection for him. The one place Johnson really excels over Huff is in his ability to tuck the ball and run. Huff is good, but looking at Johnson's stats, it seems he can be just as dangerous with his legs as he is with his arm.