Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky basketball coach John Calipari all smiles as season is about to begin
University of Kentucky basketball coach John Calipari walked into the ballroom of the downtown Marriott with a big smile. He posed for pictures and signed a UK-themed quilt.

He has plenty of reasons to optimistic. At the Wildcat Tip-off Luncheon, Calpari spoke highly of his team, which is expected to be a national championship contender.

He said that former UK coach Joe B. Hall told him that this is Calipari's “best collection of players.”

Calipari said he has six players capable of starting and expects a rotation of eight or nine. UK is also adding freshmen Marquis Teague, Anthony Davis, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and Kyle Wiltjer.

“They’re really long,” Calipari said. “They’re really athletic. They’re really pretty skilled. And they’re a great bunch. They all enjoy each other.”

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/2...ext|Sports
I agree with the really long and athletic comments. UK has the ability to put 5 players all on the court who are above 6'7" and all could play various postions. Match up troubles for any team.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

“it was a tough one, but we’re the real blue.” Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

"This is MY state!" Anthony Davis
^ "CAN GO" Hunh, You have GUARARENTEED it, now you say CAN!!!!
Can anybody say #8???????
If we can get by North Carolina - which I think we will, #8 is on the way.
I can say #8, not sure that I can believe that a team this young can accomplish that kind of feat, but I will be hopeful!
^Not that young. They have a senior, and two sophomores that will probably either start or at least get very significant minutes. They also have 3 or 4 juniors on the team. Also, keep in mind that the juniors and seniors have two elite 8's and a Final 4 under their belt. Young but major experience.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Stardust Wrote:I can say #8, not sure that I can believe that a team this young can accomplish that kind of feat, but I will be hopeful!

UCONN won the title last year with 11 freshmen and sophomores on the team. Experience is overrated. Give me talent every time.
^ Which is what we have had over experience the last two years. Maybe this time we find lightning in a bottle and get the title that has alluded the most talented team in the nation.
Aslan Wrote:UCONN won the title last year with 11 freshmen and sophomores on the team. Experience is overrated. Give me talent every time.

Well said.

I do believe I have heard Coach Cal say that a couple of times too.

Who wouldnt be all smiles with a team like this?
There's something special about this upcoming team, because the past two preseasons Calipari has been giving the fans and the media the, "they have a lot of work to do, but they could be great." This year we aren't hearing this and he seems to be very excited about this team.
they will be the new fab 5 lol