Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lewis County @ Russell 10-14-11
Lions and Devils for the district title believe it or not.

Russell 42
Lewis County 14
I don't see Lewis giving up 42 points. It will be a hard fought game and the team with fewest turnovers will win.
Lewis County has given up points and yardage against good rushing teams (Nicholas and Powell). Russell is significantly better than both of those. Lewis County is much improved and I believe will stay in the game on emotion for a while. Russell I believe will wear them down and pull away in the 2nd half.
Russell is to much for lewis co to handle.
FBALL Wrote:Lewis County has given up points and yardage against good rushing teams (Nicholas and Powell). Russell is significantly better than both of those. Lewis County is much improved and I believe will stay in the ge on emotion for a while. Russell I believe will wear them down and pull away in the 2nd half.

We gave up close to nothing to Powell until the 4th quarter when our defense was more physically exhausted than anything. Nicholas was the first game of the season, yet Lewis still held Pope to his second lowest outing of the year, yardage wise. Plus, Lewis runs the wing-t and knows the keys and how to stop it. Yes, Russell runs it significantly better than Lewis, but I do think that having the wing-t in the playbook will help our defense against the Devils.
Russell by 5 TDs
Yes, I believe Lewis is very much improved but I don't think they are still good enough yet. They will be competitive for a little while but there will just be too much DEVILS for them to actually win this game. I will say that this game may actually mirror the Fleming Co. game in the way that the game started and ended.
If Lewis were at home I'd give them a chance. I believe the game is away. I will take Russell by 21.
35-7 Russell
Not so very long ago Lewis was the red headed step child of the district. They could not win a game if they had to. I don't know what happened over there but it is sure refreshing to see them in the thick of things now. Lewis county playing for a district championship!!!! Who would ever thought it.

I do although feel that Russell will just be to much for them and could rack up as much as 500 yards on the ground.

Russell 49

Lewis 13
Russell 42
Lewis Co 14
Going with Russel.

Russel-38
Lewis Co.-17
ll
Red Devils ROLL. Lewis County is not very good and they seem to think they are world beaters after shutting out an injury plagued Mason County, who would have crushed them if they had both Harris and Black.
Russell 54
Lewis 13
Harris and Black are only two players. Lewis could have scored a couple more times against Mason had it not been for running out of time and a costly turnover. Harris and Black play, Lewis still wins by a touchdown or two. Neither of them would have been able to score points without any blocking, and Mason's o line couldn't block any one of our defensive front all game. But that games in the past. I guess you're a little sour that Mason gave Rowan a game because RC has a middle school defense? Get outta here. If Russell scores 50 points I'll never post on here again.
LClion4life Wrote:Harris and Black are only two players. Lewis could have scored a couple more times against Mason had it not been for running out of time and a costly turnover. Harris and Black play, Lewis still wins by a touchdown or two. Neither of them would have been able to score points without any blocking, and Mason's o line couldn't block any one of our defensive front all game. But that games in the past. I guess you're a little sour that Mason gave Rowan a game because RC has a middle school defense? Get outta here. If Russell scores 50 points I'll never post on here again.

Im not making any excuses for Rowan's defense that game, but I will say that when they needed to make big plays they did, and that it is a very young defense with 5 sophomores and 1 freshman playing on it.
Russell is going to big boy Lewis and that rushing attack will break their backs, just watch
Not saying Russell won't win. But Lewis, and especially Lewis's defense, is better than you're giving credit for.
Russell
I could be wrong, but I think Russell reminds Lewis Co. that they are still at the top in the district. Russell 42 Lewis 14
Lewis is better than they have been in a long time but, Russell just has too many weapons. Maybe if lewis ran the spread I'd give them the chance because Russell doesn't tackle for crap in space.....But power on power lewis doesn't stand a chance.
Grew up Firebrick in Lewis Co. (until 7th Grade) and after that moved to Pike Co where I attended and graduated from Belfry High School. Since Russell is one of our (Belfry) staunchest rivals and I have ties to LC (mom still lives there) I hope to see the Lions capture the District crown. Now once playoff time comes it's BHS all the way, but until our paths cross in the playoffs (which I hope they do) it's GO LIONS!
Even though lewis is improved from last season
Russell by 4 TD