Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg @ Sheldon Clark - Aug. 26
See ALOT of 3-4 td predictions in favor of Prestonsburg.

If that holds true, could say alot about Sheldon Clark's chances to compete in 3A this season. Ashland throttled Lawrence Co. in week 0. Sheldon Clark got embarrassed. Mason Co. got embarrassed. Bell Co. even lost, although it was nothing to hangs their heads about.

This game will say alot about Kentucky 3A football IMO.
blackcatnashland Wrote:will this be p-burgs first trip to the new field?

No... played on the new field in '09 and won the game, 24-19 or something like that.
monster_energy Wrote:P burg wins this one by a few td's.. SC has one big man that can play and thats taylor chapman.. rest of em are garbage.. ive seen better middle school o lines..

Gee, monster_energy, those are pretty hard words, but you are definitely correct in the fact that Taylor Chapman was the only big man that played well against Rockcastle.

I was extremely disappointed that KP didn't get an opportunity to move the ball. You know, if there is no hole or practically no blocking, a very good back is not going anywhere.

Let's hope that the coaching staff makes some serious adjustments in the line this week. Well, I guess we'll know tomorrow night!
Blackcats by 3 TD's. Crisp realized his head could turn last week & found out he had other receivers that can produce. Blackcats go up early then pound Kain Collins to control the clock & time of possesion.
Here is something else that I have wondered about... P-burg primarily throws the ball... Will the difference in opposition style of play affect SC differently this week? Maybe last week was just all together a bad match up for SC... If I were a SC fan I don't know that I would jump ship so quickly... High school sports and match ups in terms of styles seem to really play a big part of outcomes. Im looking forward to Friday and the score in this one.
Is jamerson gonna be back i never heard?
Prestonsburg has always struggled against teams that can spread the field and throw the ball. Last week they did a really good job of controlling PCC's offense until Jamerson went out of the game. He's obviously a true leader on defense and P-burg missed his direction in the 2nd half.

On the other hand, Prestonsburg has always been real good with teams who like to pound the ball on the ground. Sheldon Clark, Belfry, and teams of such have always found it hard to run between the tackles against P-burg. I don't think this game will be any different, as P-burg will stop SC's running game, will jump up on the Cards by a couple of TD's, and will take SC completely out of their element by causing them to play from behind and use somewhat of a passing game.

P-burg wins 28-12.
Brandon40403 Wrote:Is jamerson gonna be back i never heard?
Yes, Jamerson will be back this week.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:No... played on the new field in '09 and won the game, 24-19 or something like that.

yeah seems like that game was played in a downpour. thought i remembered somone saying it was muddy or something of that nature, thats why i thought maybe this was the first trip to the new field. . . .it is not a grass field, correct?:confused:
blackcatnashland Wrote:yeah seems like that game was played in a downpour. thought i remembered somone saying it was muddy or something of that nature, thats why i thought maybe this was the first trip to the new field. . . .it is not a grass field, correct?:confused:
No SC has field turf, and had it the last time Pburg played there.... Its a nice field.
Jon419 Wrote:No SC has field turf, and had it the last time Pburg played there.... Its a nice field.

thats what i said, it is NOT a grass field...
i was just confused because i thought i remembered someone telling me it was a muddy game which doesnt add up with it being turf. thats the whole reason i thought maybe it was the first trip with the new field. it was a quite unreliable source, as you can imagine lol. beginning to wonder if they were even at the game now haha
Matman Wrote:With Joseph going out for Pburg I think it opened their eyes to just how talented and deep their team is. They recognized they have alot of weapons on offense and that makes them dangerous. I just wonder about Pburgs defense. It didn't seem to be clicking against PCC. However against SC's simple offense Pburg may have a feild day. They tend to stunt alot anyways that can be a huge problem for SC's young line and non reading offense. If the line can pick up the stunts for SC then this could be a close ball game. They have to keep the defense out of the backfeild. I don't think Hager has ever beat Pburg though.

before 3 years ago sc had a winning record against the blackcats , i believe sc pulls it together and wins by 7
blackcatnashland Wrote:thats what i said, it is NOT a grass field...
i was just confused because i thought i remembered someone telling me it was a muddy game which doesnt add up with it being turf. thats the whole reason i thought maybe it was the first trip with the new field. it was a quite unreliable source, as you can imagine lol. beginning to wonder if they were even at the game now haha
Well it DID pour the rain the entire game... But no mud to be found on the turf lol
Prestonburg 48

Sheldon Clark 0
Unregistered Wrote:before 3 years ago sc had a winning record against the blackcats , i believe sc pulls it together and wins by 7

Uhhhh, no.

Prestonsburg/Sheldon Clark all-time series is 13 - 5 in favor of the Blackcats.

P-burg has won the last 3 (2006, 2009, and 2010), true, but...even before that P-burg had twice as many wins in the series.

:popcorn: