Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The early 2011 mountain top 10
Norm Peterson Wrote:So you think they will beat the Briar Jumpers in the Ray Correll Bowl in a week and a half?

I think they have a very good chance.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Bigblue#4 Wrote:1)Bell Co
2)Johnson Central
3)Harlan Co
4)Belfry
5)Perry Central
6)Breathitt Co
7)Lawrence Co
8) Pulaski Co
9)Prestonburg
10)Knox Co or Sheldon Clark or Somerset

Somerset is way to high, more like 9 or 10, still have some athletes but key losses, don't look to them to repeat the pervious 2 season they will have some losses this regular season.
Knox Co way to high maybe 10, new coach, I know he is a mountain legend but I think he will have to work out some thing early in the season but maybe late.
Hazard shouldn't be in the top ten
Perry Central way to low could be in the top 3

How can you say that hazard is not a top ten team educate me
Bigblue#4 Wrote:1)Bell Co
2)Johnson Central
3)Harlan Co
4)Belfry
5)Perry Central
6)Breathitt Co
7)Lawrence Co
8) Pulaski Co
9)Prestonburg
10)Knox Co or Sheldon Clark or Somerset

Somerset is way to high, more like 9 or 10, still have some athletes but key losses, don't look to them to repeat the pervious 2 season they will have some losses this regular season.
Knox Co way to high maybe 10, new coach, I know he is a mountain legend but I think he will have to work out some thing early in the season but maybe late.
Hazard shouldn't be in the top ten
Perry Central way to low could be in the top 3

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Glad im not the only one that disagrees
RunItUpTheGut Wrote::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

I agree they shouldn't be that high right now. But I will say you NEVER say anything positive about Perry Central, and after last years game against Whitley I might see why. This year you are gonna see a different team. I CAN'T WAIT until October 7th.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:I agree they shouldn't be that high right now. But I will say you NEVER say anything positive about Perry Central, and after last years game against Whitley I might see why. This year you are gonna see a different team. I CAN'T WAIT until October 7th.

I say all kinds of good things ab out PC, however last year, atleast on this site anyways, PC was destroyed from the get go when you had posters on here saying they were gonna go 10-0. Thats why i kept it going last year. I root for all teams inside the district but what he said about the top 3 is absoloutly absurd. And im sure he knows that as well, or atleast i hope he does.
Im pretty sure they couldnt beat bell, harlan co., or johnson central so i think i was dead on with that one.
As for the game with Whitley, you should be excited about playing Whitley, it will prolly be the first time PCC will beat them in years. After learning what i have about the state of Whitleys team right now im gonna be surprised to see them win a district game or many at all for that matter, especially with a schedule like they have. There top returning running back isnt even playing and youll have a whitley team thats going to be full of freshman and sophomores and only 35-40 kids out in all so with that outlook, i would say you all will have plenty to cheer about come that night and im sure i will get plenty of slack this season as things have turned for the worse in Whitley County.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I say all kinds of good things ab out PC, however last year, atleast on this site anyways, PC was destroyed from the get go when you had posters on here saying they were gonna go 10-0. Thats why i kept it going last year. I root for all teams inside the district but what he said about the top 3 is absoloutly absurd. And im sure he knows that as well, or atleast i hope he does.
Im pretty sure they couldnt beat bell, harlan co., or johnson central so i think i was dead on with that one.
As for the game with Whitley, you should be excited about playing Whitley, it will prolly be the first time PCC will beat them in years. After learning what i have about the state of Whitleys team right now im gonna be surprised to see them win a district game or many at all for that matter, especially with a schedule like they have. There top returning running back isnt even playing and youll have a whitley team thats going to be full of freshman and sophomores and only 35-40 kids out in all so with that outlook, i would say you all will have plenty to cheer about come that night and im sure i will get plenty of slack this season as things have turned for the worse in Whitley County.

That is unfortunate, I heard Whitley lost a RB to a foot injury, was it him? If so, I hope he has a quick recovery.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:1. Bell Co (returns Davenport and most of the Oline.) Panorama had 4 carries 125 yards and 2 TD's.)
2. Harlan Co
3. Johnson Central

The rest way down here.
True.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Not tryin to hate, but that might be the worst mountain top 10 ive ever seen lol.

You cant not have Harlan co. in there. There not just a top 3 team in the mountains this year but would absoloutly spank everyone in your list from 5 down. And Pulaski county literally lost everything except maybe there kicker and well, kickers dont win ball games.
1. Bell Co.
2. Harlan Co.
3. Johnson Central
4. Belfry
5. Knox Central
6. Prestonsburg
7. Hazard
8. Sheldon Clark
9. Rockcastle Co.
10.Whitley Co.

This. The best complete rankings. :Thumbs:
geauxtigers75 Wrote:That is unfortunate, I heard Whitley lost a RB to a foot injury, was it him? If so, I hope he has a quick recovery.

Ive heard it was an attitude issue more or less. He was the best back we had by far as he was our power back and played the full back role that Whitley has used a lot of in recent years and has been really successful with it.
The foot injury was against a different player. He is prolly our most important player and has more experience than anyone else, so its looking extremely grimm right now.
Hopefully we can rely on our speed and do okay. Way to young to make a lot of noise, and like i said only about 40 players which is a shame considering our neighboring 3A school corbin has over 60 out.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Ive heard it was an attitude issue more or less. He was the best back we had by far as he was our power back and played the full back role that Whitley has used a lot of in recent years and has been really successful with it.
The foot injury was against a different player. He is prolly our most important player and has more experience than anyone else, so its looking extremely grimm right now.
Hopefully we can rely on our speed and do okay. Way to young to make a lot of noise, and like i said only about 40 players which is a shame considering our neighboring 3A school corbin has over 60 out.

That is unfortunate, I hope you all can get the young man back on the field ASAP. As far as numbers go, I know how you feel, we have about 45 this year and those are huge numbers for PCC, a school with over 1100 kids in it.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I say all kinds of good things ab out PC, however last year, atleast on this site anyways, PC was destroyed from the get go when you had posters on here saying they were gonna go 10-0. Thats why i kept it going last year. I root for all teams inside the district but what he said about the top 3 is absoloutly absurd. And im sure he knows that as well, or atleast i hope he does.

07-08 season.
king360 Wrote:07-08 season.

Hence "years" lol.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:That is unfortunate, I hope you all can get the young man back on the field ASAP. As far as numbers go, I know how you feel, we have about 45 this year and those are huge numbers for PCC, a school with over 1100 kids in it.

Its not looking good, i dont have the full story and i dont want to speculate about a young kid on a internet message board, but i dont think he will be back at all.
Its a shame about the numbers. Whitleys, got a couple hundred more kids than Perry and it never ceases to amaze me. When i played at Whitley we had almost 40 freshman on my freshman team back in the late 90's. By the time i graduate it had swindled down to 16 or 17 but still, 35-40 players in 5A football isnt going to win you very many games and it seems like for now atleast, Whitleys hurting in that area.
Whitleys coach did say this is the hardest working bunch hes ever had and the mans been coaching for a long time and had some very successful teams. To make a statement like that means they must be doing something right, but hardwork loses to athletes and talent everyday it seems.
Im sure this season is gonna involve a lot of names that i myself have never heard of much less outsiders.

Just one, not plural.