Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beechwood 2011
What do the Tigers need to do to improve from last year's 10-4 Team which made the playoffs?

Aug 26, 11 Simon Kenton Home

Sep 2, 11 Holmes Away 7:00 pm

Sep 8, 11 Holy Cross (Covington) Home 7:30 pm

Sep 17, 11 Covington Catholic Away 1:00 pm

Sep 23, 11 Elizabethtown Away 8:00 pm

Sep 30, 11 Dixie Heights Away 7:00 pm

Oct 7, 11 Bellevue Away 7:00 pm

Oct 14, 11 Dayton Home 7:30 pm

Oct 21, 11 Ludlow Home 7:30 pm

Oct 28, 11 Newport Central Catholic Home 7:30 pm
The only ? is at QB, Beechwood will need to throw the ball alittle bit if they're going to win state. The running game will only get you so far
toussaints Wrote:The only ? is at QB, Beechwood will need to throw the ball alittle bit if they're going to win state. The running game will only get you so far

At the 1A level, a dominating run game may be all that a team needs.

Beechwood will be absolutely loaded this year and has to be considered one of, if not the, favorite to win 1A.
charlie22 Wrote:At the 1A level, a dominating run game may be all that a team needs.

Beechwood will be absolutely loaded this year and has to be considered one of, if not the, favorite to win 1A.

if they want to get past mayfield or hazard to win state, they'll need somewhat of a passing game. they'll need to be atleast 75% run, 25% pass to keep defenses guessing.

and with 7 guys returning on offense and 10 on defense, they'll be one of the favorites to win state all season
toussaints Wrote:if they want to get past mayfield or hazard to win state, they'll need somewhat of a passing game. they'll need to be atleast 75% run, 25% pass to keep defenses guessing.

and with 7 guys returning on offense and 10 on defense, they'll be one of the favorites to win state all season

i dont think hazard would be much of a problem for the beechies. but without sounding like a ass i think it needs to be
more like 25% run and 75% pass to have a chance against mayfield. we have never been a good pass def. team. the run, well you seen what happened the last two years. all we do is teach our kids to make their opp. 1 dimensional by killing the run game and our kids are fast enough to catch most kids that do get open for a pass. it will be a great game though both teams should be a little more even this year and if beachwood was ever going to beat us, well this will be the year. we have alot of open spots to fill but there is good talent filling in those shoes
ontopofthewest Wrote:i dont think hazard would be much of a problem for the beechies. but without sounding like a ass i think it needs to be
more like 25% run and 75% pass to have a chance against mayfield. we have never been a good pass def. team. the run, well you seen what happened the last two years. all we do is teach our kids to make their opp. 1 dimensional by killing the run game and our kids are fast enough to catch most kids that do get open for a pass. it will be a great game though both teams should be a little more even this year and if beachwood was ever going to beat us, well this will be the year. we have alot of open spots to fill but there is good talent filling in those shoes

i was talking about the whole season going 75 run - 25 pass, not just against mayfield. we both saw it last year, fast, disciplined defenses kept the running game in check, and by the time beechwood hit mayfield in the playoffs, the tigers running game didnt exist. they had to throw the bal just to soften the pressure.

now i think beechwood will win state this year, they return too much experience not to, but alittle bit of a passing game wont hurt beechwood's chances
ontopofthewest Wrote:i dont think hazard would be much of a problem for the beechies. but without sounding like a ass i think it needs to be

Hazard returns almost that same team from last year. I am sorry but the team that played Mayfield in that title game wasnt the same team. Mayfield destroyed the moral of hazard in that game and did like any team should kept the pedal on the floor and kept driving. Was Mayfield the better team last year of course they was. Do i think the game could of been closer if hazard hadnt of made the turnovers and converted on those mistakes yes . Mayfield was the faster team in the game and speed dominates. I look foward to seeing that match up again next year or against Beechwood.hopefully not another 11 am game.