Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
While watching T.V. ....
I caught an add for KENTUCKY Fried Chicken and in the background the theme song is Sweet Home Alabama.... Does anyone else find that strange?
evillive Wrote:I caught an add for KENTUCKY Fried Chicken and in the background the theme song is Sweet Home Alabama.... Does anyone else find that strange?

Yeah that commercial has been running for about 2 years now...I found it strange then, but I'm used to it now...
I saw/heard that one. It's odd but I mean fried chicken is just a country thing...
i guess i always knew it ... cause i can never get the song out of my head after hearing it on the commercial... but i just "noticed" it today....
I think it is an embarrassment to Kentucky. You would think that they could at least pay better attention to the song that they picked.
KFC is KFC no matter what music is playing lol
i never noticed it
scary avatar alfus
Its strange
Blackcat75 Wrote:scary avatar alfus

Thanks...Smile
That is a little disappointing...I don't even think I've seen the commercial though and if I have I must not have noticed it.
I think that it is a slap in the face. I will never touch KFC again (no joke).
i was really shocked ... i was humming the them and it just hit me --- bang that is sweet home alabama... you think that somebody would have thought maybe that wouldn't be such a good idea
I've never noticed it either, I hope I catch the commercial on that is strange.
Is KFC even still Kentucky Fried Chicken officially? I thought I heard a while back that it was changed to Kitchen Fresh Chicken?
Off Topic here: What's with the stars under our avatars and all that? Is it new or have I just never paid attention??
alfus21 Wrote:Off Topic here: What's with the stars under our avatars and all that? Is it new or have I just never paid attention??

I hadn't noticed them until you just mentioned them either. I know a while back we were talking about adding a feature so you'd get 1 star for every 250 posts you made. I have no clue how the system has been set up right now with the different colors and sizes.
Tomcat68 Wrote:I hadn't noticed them until you just mentioned them either. I know a while back we were talking about adding a feature so you'd get 1 star for every 250 posts you made. I have no clue how the system has been set up right now with the different colors and sizes.

Hmm, yeah I can't really figure it out, but I'm sure QQ will explain it sometime soon..
Ah, it's just a commercial. Nothing to get uptight about IMO, and it isn't going to change my mind about the meals I eat there.....
I figured out the star system just now...Gold = thousand, Red = hundred, blue = 10's
alfus21 Wrote:I figured out the star system just now...Gold = thousand, Red = hundred, blue = 10's

Yea, that seems to be a logical speculation behind QQ's mysterious ways....
Oh lord, gotta get off post count 666....
bevinsville_bomber Wrote:Yea, that seems to be a logical speculation behind QQ's mysterious ways....

You do have a nice crisp 666 posts right now... :eek:
bevinsville_bomber Wrote:Oh lord, gotta get off post count 666....

Nevermind :watch:
alfus21 Wrote:You do have a nice crisp 666 posts right now... :eek:

Yea, I noticed that as soon as I posted also....can't have none of that going on...Smile
i wouldve never figured out what the stars meant.....lol