Poll: Who Wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
(4) Kentucky
76.19%
(5) West Virginia
23.81%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(4) Kentucky vs. (5) West Virginia 3/19 (NCCA Tournament - 3rd RD)
This should be a epic game.
Last season we lost because we couldn't hit our open 3's and we couldn't defend the screens against WVU. I'm sure Cal will start this game out in a man-to-man, but if WVU is getting layups like they where last year then HOPEFULLY Cal switches to the 2-3 zone and makes the Neers beat 'em from the outside.

Hopefully UK can pull it out and I think they will in a hard fought game.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Last season we lost because we couldn't hit our open 3's and we couldn't defend the screens against WVU. I'm sure Cal will start this game out in a man-to-man, but if WVU is getting layups like they where last year then HOPEFULLY Cal switches to the 2-3 zone and makes the Neers beat 'em from the outside.

Hopefully UK can pull it out and I think they will in a hard fought game.

True. this game has me worried.
I am a Buckeye til I die, but I hope UK wins just so every single blue & white fanatic can rub it straight in dangerousdaneerfan's face for a year.
Huggins is 8-1 against calipari. WV beat a better ky team last year. these are the reasons i worry. i do believe that if the cats play like they did against alabama and florida they could win by double digits. if they have a bad game shooting they lose like they did last year,,go cats
catwoman Wrote:Huggins is 8-1 against calipari. WV beat a better ky team last year. these are the reasons i worry. i do believe that if the cats play like they did against alabama and florida they could win by double digits. if they have a bad game shooting they lose like they did last year,,go cats

I thought about that and I finally realized that Calipari FINALLY has a team that can kill it from 3. I don't know if he has ever had that.
It worries me to depend on the three. Ky needs to get some fastbreak points.
All I can Say is

"Till The Battle Is Won"

GO CATS
LWC Wrote:I don't know if he can. UK presents so many match-up problems in the man-to-man defense.

UK presents even more problems for that zone Big Grin
I can take losing, I can't take being beat by Huggins! Huggins is an idiot!
Knight came to play today! We should be fine if we stop the easy drives to the basket for layups; need to make them shot the ball and earn their points.
I was right, WVU came out in straight man to man. They've switched to some sort of a match up zone now.
we have to stop the easy drives to the basket for layups!
If art team doesnt foul out we could win this.
Awful last 10 minutes. Cal just can't be Huggins.
I am not one to bad mouth officials, but their is some bad calls in this game. The second foul on Jones he was straight up and down; Second on Josh was ridiculous, and one on Hood looked like it should have been on WV or a no call either way. Cats played good for 10 mins and then fell apart.
Coach Cal is once again getting outcoached in all aspects of the game by Huggins. I hope I am wrong but It doesn't look good for the wildcats in the second half. Too much inexperience.
Cat Daddy Wrote:Coach Cal is once again getting outcoached in all aspects of the game by Huggins. I hope I am wrong but It doesn't look good for the wildcats in the second half. Too much inexperience.

Could u explain to me how he is being out coached>?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Could u explain to me how he is being out coached>?

Lets see...
Second year in a row, we've been more talented than WVU, and they're playing a random zone again, and your boy Cal can't figure out how to bust it. I'm starting to wonder if he has any knowledge of the x's and o's of basketball. Hopefully he makes some adjustments at halftime, or UK will lose this game by double digits.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Could u explain to me how he is being out coached>?

using his time outs to stop WV momentum would be a good start. Adjustments to WV zone D. Not putting Lamb back in the game to pick up his third foul.
I wont give up yet, but it doesn't look good.
Aslan Wrote:Lets see...
Second year in a row, we've been more talented than WVU, and they're playing a random zone again, and your boy Cal can't figure out how to bust it. I'm starting to wonder if he has any knowledge of the x's and o's of basketball. Hopefully he makes some adjustments at halftime, or UK will lose this game by double digits.

Dang Morehead's coached out coached Pitino. If he had any x's and o's about him Lville would still be in it.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Dang Morehead's coached out coached Pitino. If he had any x's and o's about him Lville would still be in it.

Lville's best player got injured that game. Still no excuse though.
Looks like Cal has made the right adjustments, thank God. UK is back in it!
Aslan Wrote:Lville's best player got injured that game. Still no excuse though.

Should have made adjustments.
UK takes the lead!
Miller's play is horrible.
What a 3 by Miller!
Great game by Kentucky. I thought sure we were going to pull that out. That 6 minute drought at the start of the 2nd half killed us.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Here I am yUcKster's and Imagine!!!! If Flowers and Mazzula can stay out of foul trouble, UK is in for a long day.

Lol!! As a matter of fact, a very short day for U.K.:biggrin: