Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Do You Miss From Your Childhood?
What do you miss from your childhood? Maybe something you did with your friends or family?

Your tree house? Eating candy all day? Recess at school?

What brings back the good ole days?
I miss playing kickball and my friends.. I always loved that
gosh.. there's a bunch of things i miss.

Playing basketball with the older kids..
Staying outside until it's too dark to see anything
being fascinated by fireflies
Getting excited about goin to a movie.
My childhood has about ran out on me.
playin baseball in the field which is where my house now sits Sad
You name it more every day.

To be there again.
yea your right there just to be there, but to know what I know now.
Mommas cooking for one! I do still get it ocassionally. But she fed me three good hot meals a day.

Getting to stay home from school on snowy days and build snowmans, drink hot chocolate, and play video games all day.

I also miss going up in the hills with my all friends and buiding tree houses and cabins. That was always fun.

I miss all the innocences of childhood. Everyone was just out to play and have a good time.
My friends back then all enjoyed the good things life had to offer. No one was even aware of drugs. Now that Im older and see how drugs have destroyed some of these old friends lives. This alone makes me miss seeing them enjoying life like it was intended. Alot of the kids I grew up with are now dead because of drugs.

I miss the security you get from being a child. Back then I didn't have to worry or didnt realize how bad things can sometimes be in the world. (eg. drugs, crime, wars, financial struggles, divorce, etc..) My parents and other adults around me always made me feel safe and protected from any of the bad things in the world.

Most of all I miss the magical feeling and the vivid imagination you have when your a child. I always dreamed so big when I was child. I was the commander and chief of my GIJOE army. I had the BMX equipped with nitrous. I was going to astronaut and travel to mars. You get the picture.

Whats great about all this. Is I get to relive all this from a different perspective. On a daily basis I get to relive that same magic and big dreams through my kids eyes. They look up to me and even though I have many faults they think I am superman. BGG and I strive to give them that same feeling of security we all should experience as children. Being is kid is magical and kids should enjoy. I will do whatever I can to give my kids the greatest childhood. We all know it passes us by rather quickly.
torQQue Wrote:Mommas cooking for one! I do still get it ocassionally. But she fed me three good hot meals a day.

Getting to stay home from school on snowy days and build snowmans, drink hot chocolate, and play video games all day.

I also miss going up in the hills with my all friends and buiding tree houses and cabins. That was always fun.

I miss all the innocences of childhood. Everyone was just out to play and have a good time.
My friends back then all enjoyed the good things life had to offer. No one was even aware of drugs. Now that Im older and see how drugs have destroyed some of these old friends lives. This alone makes me miss seeing them enjoying life like it was intended. Alot of the kids I grew up with are now dead because of drugs.

I miss the security you get from being a child. Back then I didn't have to worry or didnt realize how bad things can sometimes be in the world. (eg. drugs, crime, wars, financial struggles, divorce, etc..) My parents and other adults around me always made me feel safe and protected from any of the bad things in the world.

Most of all I miss the magical feeling and the vivid imagination you have when your a child. I always dreamed so big when I was child. I was the commander and chief of my GIJOE army. I had the BMX equipped with nitrous. I was going to astronaut and travel to mars. You get the picture.

Whats great about all this. Is I get to relive all this from a different perspective. On a daily basis I get to relive that same magic and big dreams through my kids eyes. They look up to me and even though I have many faults they think I am superman. BGG and I strive to give them that same feeling of security we all should experience as children. Being a kid is magical and kids should enjoy. I will do whatever I can to give my kids the greatest childhood. We all know it passes us by rather quickly.

awww..so now you are going to make me cry too? I've already shed tears over AI...lol...

I miss the magic & innocence of my early childhood and I miss spending time with my sisters...
not having to worry about stuff
BlueGrassGirl Wrote:awww..so now you are going to make me cry too? I've already shed tears over AI...lol...

I miss the magic & innocence of my early childhood and I miss spending time with my sisters...

SmileSmile I cant believe you crying over that little county boy. I was cracking up. He said that was the first time he had ever left his town. Now he gets to fly on a airplane right? He wasnt a good singer. I just think they felt sorry for him. He was so shy. I hope he wins thoughWink

I miss spending time with my brother as well.
^ he was so tore up he couldnt even tell them the name of the song he was performing.
Batpuff Wrote:^ he was so tore up he couldnt even tell them the name of the song he was performing.

ya he was bat.. But he wasnt that good of a singer. I honestly think they let him go to hollywood cause he had never traveled before..

Maybe someone else or some company feels sorry for him and gives him money or a good job. I bet someone ends up making him famous. Because it obvious he made alot of women mushy tonight with his story.
torQQue Wrote:ya he was bat.. But he wasnt that good of a singer. I honestly think they let him go to hollywood cause he had never traveled before..

Maybe someone else or some company feels sorry for him and gives him money or a good job. I bet someone ends up making him famous. Because it obvious he made alot of women mushy tonight with his story.

I agree he wasnt that good..but remember he said he had only ever sang to a turkey...lol...and it was just..for lack of a better word...pitiful... Hopefully something good happens for him. They may turn him into a star.
BlueGrassGirl Wrote:I agree he wasnt that good..but remember he said he had only ever sang to a turkey...lol...and it was just..for lack of a better word...pitiful... Hopefully something good happens for him. They may turn him into a star.

He may have already turned himself into a star with that story of his life tonight.
I wonder if that is how they put there turkeys down to prepare them for dinner. lol
I miss my parents paying all of my bills. Living in the real world, with kids SUCKS.:insane:
I miss just being able to be a kid, no worries what so ever. Being able to get up and play with friends and cousins from daylight until you couldnt stand up anymore. Then when the snows hit play out side in the snow until midnight.

All the things that my mother and father would do with me and my sister, if it would be just sitting out on the pourch talking or what ever it may be.

My father passed away 2 years ago and I really miss those days more nad more now, but all I have is great memories.

Playing in the woods, camping out in the back yard. Fishing and swiming in the creek all day.

There are just so many that it would take for ever to talk about.
If I could only dive it all over again!!
things I miss most...Being with friends playing games and whatever we could get into
i'm still there, somewhat
I miss chocolate milk, playing sports, living with my family, my old high school and grade school friends.

I miss cafeteria pizza, wondering what it would be like to be out of school. I miss not having bills, responsibility, worries, actual stress.

Most of all I miss my innocence, the World's alot nicer that way.
98NCCalum Wrote:I miss chocolate milk, playing sports, living with my family, my old high school and grade school friends.

I miss cafeteria pizza, wondering what it would be like to be out of school. I miss not having bills, responsibility, worries, actual stress.

Most of all I miss my innocence, the World's alot nicer that way.

Gotta love the cafeteria pizza. We still buy it from time to time. I remember on fridays I would always take extra money to buy extra slices of pizza..
torQQue Wrote:Gotta love the cafeteria pizza. We still buy it from time to time. I remember on fridays I would always take extra money to buy extra slices of pizza..
Me too! Where do you buy it now?
98NCCalum Wrote:Me too! Where do you buy it now?

Food City carrys the school pizzas. We always keep a couple of boxes in the fridge. We all love them.

They cost about 9 bux for a box 12. Well worth it.
No Food City up here. I'll have to investigate, what brand are they?

pPlease tell me they are called cafeteria pizzas or something, haha.
lol mom buys the good ones, but they switched at school now, u 2 wouldn't like em
I remember when I was younger getting out of school for early wednesdays...those were great! My mom still makes me hot chocolate...I could'nt tell you how much of it I drank when I was in a cast...the funny thing is I never asked her to make it but my little sister wanted some and she made us both some...I had it every night at like 12...lol