Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best thing about Bluegrassrivals.com
BGR= best high school football message board in Kentucky. keep up the good work
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Its free and only people that deserve it get banned. Plus you can talk about whatever you want with no one really calling you out on it.

Calling a team soft....or a team bad gets people in trouble over there. It's bogus IMO. Therefore I left that site. This one is markedly better.
Its cool
I really enjoy this site. I don't know much about the other sites and frankly don't care too. I have respect for just about everyone I have encountered on this site, even the one's that don't agree with me.HAHAHA. Everyone's great on here. I can't wait to see what it's like when football season starts. Should be very interesting. Thanks BGR.
By far the #1 place to talk about Kentucky girls basketball, Mountain football, and is great to talk about pro wrestling.
Gravedig....
Wideleft01 Wrote:There's nobody on here calling himself the guru.

got that right you say one thing to one of the regulars and your gone,
Wideleft01 Wrote:As long as no one is personally critical of a specific kid, then I have no problem with it.

agree 100%
Wideleft01 Wrote:In my opinion BGP is a rip. If you say anything that is against the opinion of the moderator they put you on wraps for awhile. Definitely not what I paid for. You can have an opinion that a team is bad. Let's face it, there's a lot of bad teams.

so true been banned from that site a few times even to put up 1 post cost me 20 bucks lol
It's pretty fun. A lot of very nice and respectful people on here
My talk of Highlands baseball would of got me banned over there as you can see over there you can't talk the truth about things bad at Highlands and I'm a big Highlands fan my boy's went there.
Bob Seger Wrote:You mean you never get on there just to watch the Highlands fans gloat brag, and gloat and brag, and gloat and brag some more to one another.

Question: Why do they gloat and brag just to one another you may ask?

Answer: Because there's nobody else on there. They've all been given das boot for not agreeing with them!!!

:biggrin:

Perhaps if Johnson Central would finally beat Highlands just once, then the Highlands fans over there wouldn't gloat and brag so much. (We're here too ConfusedhhSmile Just kidding by the way; I can't stand Highlands fans that brag and gloat; not over there and not on here. Winning with class was taught to me by my Highlands coaches and my parents a long, long time ago.

I'm a regular contributor of BGP as well as this site. Like Hatz, I enjoy both of them. I've had a couple of posts on BGP edited and have been warned once or twice, but usually I was in the wrong. Didn't bother me at all. I read the rules and understood the expectations before I joined up. Hard to complain about all the rules when I knew them before I joined.

This site has come a long way since its inception and those in charge are to be commended.
charlie22 Wrote:Perhaps if Johnson Central would finally beat Highlands just once, then the Highlands fans over there wouldn't gloat and brag so much. (We're here too ConfusedhhSmile Just kidding by the way; I can't stand Highlands fans that brag and gloat; not over there and not on here. Winning with class was taught to me by my Highlands coaches and my parents a long, long time ago.

AGREE! as I said I'm a big highlands fan and over there they are over the top with it it's just high school sports people.
mrb5150 Wrote:AGREE! as I said I'm a big highlands fan and over there they are over the top with it it's just high school sports people.
Highlands and Raceland, Highlands and Raceland, Highlands and Raceland.
Basically there are three Ky. football BBS: the north board, the mountain board and the west board. The mountain board - this one - seems to have expanded its reach the most in the past two years.
Tica, what is the West board? I may have to go over and do some recruiting, lol.
^ ditto
Everyone does need to remember it's just high school sports. Sure there are teams everyone roots against and some rivalries are bigger than others. Just because someone wants a school to lose, doesn't mean that they think the people from that school are somehow bad people. I have a few teams I root against, but I'll be the first guy to stop and help if they break down on the side of the road. Just because I root against this school or that school doesn't mean I don't like you. It's competition people.
By and large this is a great site. I enjoy reading others opinions regarding their favorite teams, and enjoy reading their justification for their respective opinion.

Again, a great site.

Thanks!
I really enjoy this site. I have great respect for the people that I have posted back and forth with regardless of whether they have agreed with me or not. The moderators allow you to post your opinions whether they are positive or negative as long as it is not detrimental to a child and it should be that way. I have made several personal friends through this site and that alone is worth me returning day after day. I really enjoy getting to keep up with football players, fans, schools from across the entire state and without this site I would be limited to what knowing what happens on the South-Eastern part of kentucky.
There's a few that have come over from the west board to post here, not because of any dissatisfaction with the other board. This board is a great resource to get intel on teams and players that you don't hear much about in the west, especially come playoff time.
Tica Wrote:There's a few that have come over from the west board to post here, not because of any dissatisfaction with the other board. This board is a great resource to get intel on teams and players that you don't hear much about in the west, especially come playoff time.

Tica, what is the web address of the board that covers the Western part of the state? I live in Russell County now so a lot of teams that play RC are from that side of the state. I would love to know the address so I can check it out.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Yall city folks on here kill me. Yall act like ya have never packed your lunch of soupbeans, cornbread, a cathead onion, and taters in a poke before.
At the beginning it was mostly eastern KY so yes should have been a little biased. But it has grown and I'm glad it has. it's nice to have people from all over the state talking sports.:Thumbs:

Nope cant say I have, and proud of it. Best thing about this site is strikeout King, he keeps me coming back...
LClion4life Wrote:They have a rule on BGP that you can't bad mouth any school or something and I know a guy who noticed that everybody was calling Ohio State O$U. He asked why it was okay for everybody to do that and was banned like 30 seconds after.

I was banned for saying "U of Smell"

$#%# BG preps
LWC Wrote:Tica, what is the web address of the board that covers the Western part of the state? I live in Russell County now so a lot of teams that play RC are from that side of the state. I would love to know the address so I can check it out.

kentuckypreps.com
I like being able to keep up with the kids around the state and know where they are taking their futures, whether its football, another sport, or just going on to get a great education and do something great with their lives.