•  Previous
  • 9(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County 25 Bell County 21
tradition Wrote:Will Boyle be home team or visitors for the state game?

Boyle is Visitors.
Congrats to Boyle on a great win over the Bobcats.

Turnovers are a part of the game. We can cry over them but bottom line they can win or lose you the game. Bell almost overcame them but did not, so Boyle is moving on.

I hate to see this rivalry end between the 2 teams. I share the feelings that I hope in a few years they can get it going in the regular season.

Anyone who says the field was in terrible shape they should have seen what it would have been like if it was not covered!!! The winds were horrible and I know the Coaches and Boosters had to fight the weather all week to keep it covered. The bad spots were in the seams that kept blowing apart due to 40mph winds. Anyone who thinks Bell purposely had it in that condition is CRAZY!!!!!

Good luck to Boyle in the Finals this weekend in BG and FINISH THE JOB.
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Anyone who says the field was in terrible shape they should have seen what it would have been like if it was not covered!!! The winds were horrible and I know the Coaches and Boosters had to fight the weather all week to keep it covered. The bad spots were in the seams that kept blowing apart due to 40mph winds. Anyone who thinks Bell purposely had it in that condition is CRAZY!!!!!

I for one do not think that. You could tell that it had been covered becasue of where the wet spots on the field showed up. :Thumbs:
I heard when I got to the game about a fireball rolling around in the endzone what's was up with that?
Rebel55 Wrote:I for one do not think that. You could tell that it had been covered becasue of where the wet spots on the field showed up. :Thumbs:

It wasn't in great shape, but I never thought it looked intentional.

Even Dudley acknowledged that the field was a little rough.
DDP5 Wrote:I heard when I got to the game about a fireball rolling around in the endzone what's was up with that?

Tailgating gone wild!!

(Plus, tailgating allowed too close to the field, IMO).
Rebel55 Wrote:I for one do not think that. You could tell that it had been covered becasue of where the wet spots on the field showed up. :Thumbs:

A wet field would not have played into Bell's favor.
GAME OVER,move on....good game but real men play on grass and turf...had to say it....
know1 Wrote:It wasn't in great shape, but I never thought it looked intentional.

Even Dudley acknowledged that the field was a little rough.

It is always rough. It is a shame that Bell Co. has a field that is in that condition and a Press Box in the shape that theirs is in. UNREAL.
easyM Wrote:A wet field would not have played into Bell's favor.

I agree 100%, that's why I thought Bell would do everything possiable to keep the field in the best shape they could. :Thumbs: What's that saying "You can't stop Mother Nature".
easyM Wrote:A wet field would not have played into Bell's favor.

I don't think it played in either team's favor IMO. Bell was bigger up front and bigger is usually an advantage with muddy conditions but it also slowed their skill speed down. :Thumbs:
It was a dry field last year and Bell was much bigger than Boyle up front last year as well.
Hatz Wrote:I don't think it played in either team's favor IMO. Bell was bigger up front and bigger is usually an advantage with muddy conditions but it also slowed their skill speed down. :Thumbs:

I agree Hatz with both you and Rebel. It wasn't an advantage for either. The field had nothing to do with the outcome of the game. It might have slowed down Bell's skill players but not enough to say it effected the outcome of the game. I can remember Davenport slipping to the ground on a few plays but I also remember Boyle had a few plays where the same happened to them. It wasn't that a big of factor in the game. Good luck today Guys. I think you'll be bringing another title back home.
Rebel55 Wrote:I agree 100%, that's why I thought Bell would do everything possiable to keep the field in the best shape they could. :Thumbs: What's that saying "You can't stop Mother Nature".

They tried their best to not let Mother Nature rain on the parade and done a good job at it. The problem is, that field is terrible when it comes to holding water. Only so much can be done to keep it dry.
  •  Previous
  • 9(current)