Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Hazard
70.21%
Pikeville
29.79%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard @ Pikeville 11/19
Dawgs take this one handily.
Bite them panthers hard, Go Dawgs!
Panther Thunder Wrote:That is Where it's at!

PIKEVILLE FANS. GET YOUR SORRY BUTTS TO THE GAME IF AT ALL POSSIBLE!. NONE OF THIS "IT'S TOO COLD, BLAH BLAH BLAH" NONSENSE. YOU THINK BELFRY FANS CARE HOW COLD IT IS? ACT LIKE FANS OF A FOOTBALL TEAM AND SHOW UP AND GET ON YOUR FEET AND MAKE SOME NOISE! THERE IS NOTHING BETTER THAN A PACKED HOUSE AT HILLARD HOWARD FIELD! THIS CITY NEEDS SOMETHING TO GET BEHIND, LET'S START FRIDAY NIGHT AND BUILD OVER THE NEXT FEW YEARS! GET ON THE TRAIN NOW, OR GET RUN OVER!

Amen and amen: Couldn't have been better said Bro !!!!
Hazard big
..............................[Image: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/fa...PHIC-1.jpg]..............................
I feel the tensions growing.
Pikeville needs to sustain drives and come up with a few turnovers. I wasn't able to see Pikeville play this season, but the Belfry game I managed to listen to. Sounded like Pikeville is just not that stout up front. They will need to do much better IMO. Pikevilles skill guys will need to force a couple turnovers and the Pikeville offense will have to execute very well. Anything less and Hazard will roll.

Hazard has a nice squad.

Ill say:

Hazard 42
Pikeville 20

Hope Pikeville proves me wrong and marches on for Pike Co.
Pikevilles key in this game is to make Combs make bad plays and cause turnovers. Combs has been a really good Qb this season as he has passed for over 3000 yards and only 3 interceptions. Im not sure on Pikevilles Qb's stats but i know the hazard secondary is very good as they come into this game with 18 interceptions on the season and 3 being brought back for touchdowns. Hazard also has 23 fumble recoveries and one that was taken back 99 yards for a touchdown. So if your Pikeville you cant put the ball on the ground or throw into double coverage. Pikevilles key will be giving Maynard time to throw and blocking for the running game and the Qb. I dont any stats on Pikeville to get feel of what they mostly do but i expect a rushing attack mostly and given the time if throwing situations they will throw. I really dont know much if they throw it or run it but from my guess that Maynard will run the ball a lot.
Hazards Offense
Hazard's QB obviously has the talent but he is also veteran with 15 post season games under his belt. He is very smart and takes what the defense gives him. As of late he hasn't had to run that much but he is as dangerous with the ball tucked as he is throwing it. The entire team does a tremendous job of down field blocking and they have a lot of depth to keep fresh legs on the field.

Hazards Deffense
I would suggest Maynard refrain from throwing into single coverage too. The defense is just as impressive and FAST everywhere. They swarm on the ball, love to hit, create turnovers, and did I say fast?. The starting defense really puts out some scary low numbers for yards allowed rushing/receiving but might not look it overall because the coaches do an excellent job developing the younger players.

Hazard wins this one!
Hazard -54
Pikeville-14
Hazard-48-18
Bigdaddy1 Wrote:Hazards Offense
Hazard's QB obviously has the talent but he is also veteran with 15 post season games under his belt. He is very smart and takes what the defense gives him. As of late he hasn't had to run that much but he is as dangerous with the ball tucked as he is throwing it. The entire team does a tremendous job of down field blocking and they have a lot of depth to keep fresh legs on the field.

Hazards Deffense
I would suggest Maynard refrain from throwing into single coverage too. The defense is just as impressive and FAST everywhere. They swarm on the ball, love to hit, create turnovers, and did I say fast?. The starting defense really puts out some scary low numbers for yards allowed rushing/receiving but might not look it overall because the coaches do an excellent job developing the younger players.

Hazard wins this one!

excellent post... I agree
[YOUTUBE="BEAT HAZARD"]Q_exxpVcgkU[/YOUTUBE]
Beat Pikeville!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Image: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/fangsjs/001-2.jpg]
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:Beat Pikeville!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Image: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/fangsjs/001-2.jpg]
I never seen a DISTRICT CHAMPIONSHIP so hyped. Maybe the 1999 Pike Central Baseball, but it stills comes up short.
Man, where you been keepin this Pt.? This is some good stuff! Really good history of the tradition thats been established by P.H.S. football. GO PIKEVILLE PANTHERS!!! Beat hazard!!!
Go Hazard!!! Beat Pikeville!!!

Let's Go Dogs!!!
Hazard 28-14.
Pikeville wins in a close one.....