Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here is an amazing fact.
St. X out of Ohio has 340 kids playing high school football. They have so many freshman out that they have two 60 man split squads playing.. That is just WOW!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
yea i just saw that. thats crazy
Whats sad is that those two split freshman teams could make a run for a title over here in the right class.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
That is crazy
Just saw this as well. It's crazy!!!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Batpuff Wrote:St. X out of Ohio has 340 kids playing high school football. They have so many freshman out that they have two 60 man split squads playing.. That is just WOW!!!

Where did you read this? I would like to see this.
Amazing. I thought North Laurel had a big squad when I counted 57 last night at the Williamsburg game. Just goes to show what areas with large populations have to draw from as they choose 11 to play.
Belfry has around 75, for KY 3A.
Cincinnati high school football is amazing. This is a little of topic, but UK needs to recruit Cincinnati hard.
X dressed 123 for todays game against Good Counsel from Maryland. The announcers were talking about a rebuilding year for X as they lost 63 seniors from last years team.
Jarons Wrote:Where did you read this? I would like to see this.
They were talking about it on ESPN during the St. X game they were doing.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
CRAZY! Yeah I saw a couple of those games, these teams with SO many players to choose from have a huge leg up on teams from here.
Colonel Kill Wrote:X dressed 123 for todays game against Good Counsel from Maryland. The announcers were talking about a rebuilding year for X as they lost 63 seniors from last years team.

:yikes:
Colonel Kill Wrote:X dressed 123 for todays game against Good Counsel from Maryland. The announcers were talking about a rebuilding year for X as they lost 63 seniors from last years team.

Stardust Wrote::yikes:

I'm glad someone else heard that also, I was beginning to think that my hearing was worse than I thought. :biggrin:
Haha Old School...

I played my senior year at a high school in the western United States. I couldn't believe that a high school could be that big. It was grades 10-12, and had about 3,200 students. 9th grade had their own complete school. It was like a college, you had to walk a good ways to class, lol. I just couldn't believe I had that many females to choose from Big Grin.

Anyway, they had try-outs for the football team. I wasn't used to that, because back home the average team doesn't have try-outs. I was about 5'9, 200-210 pounds and I always played D-end. They had guys that looked like college players. I couldn't believe I got on the team. But, I pretty much know for a fact why I got to start at D-end against running teams. They had so many different defenses and sets that it was hard to wrap my head around, ya know? I was just used to pretty much one defense, like a 5-2 or 4-4, they had that and plenty more. And used them all, ALOT. My coach loved me, he said because I was "southern', and he said that he had never seen a kid that wanted to kill the ball carrier more than I did. Of course, I didn't want to literally kill them, I just wanted to make sure they regretted playing us, and on every big play I mentioned "that's how we do it in Kentucky"...lol.

I know, a little bit corny, but those boys were vajayjay's compared to the good ole' boys back home. I wanted to put my head through their chest on every play, they wanted to use finesse and be flashy, for the most part. I just don't know how finesse and football can even go in the same sentence together...football kicks finesse's *** every time.

We were only aloud to dress 90, that was the limit, but we had 40-60 in shorts and their jersey's on every game. **** of alot of players. St. X is just ridiculous though. I wish I could have watched their game!
Football1 Wrote:Amazing. I thought North Laurel had a big squad when I counted 57 last night at the Williamsburg game. Just goes to show what areas with large populations have to draw from as they choose 11 to play.

I think Williamsburg had about 50 dressed out. Amazing for a single A school. Did you see where little 1A beat a 4A McCreary Central?
Stardust Wrote::yikes:

Dang too many seniors. What do you do with all of them?
Good Cousel only had about 50 some and beat them down with the big numbers. Numbers are nice to have but not a needed thing to have. 120 freshman is pretty amazing though???? Imagine the locker rooms or weight rooms they have to have?????
HAT51 Wrote:Dang too many seniors. What do you do with all of them?

I'm pretty confident that these kids know what their roles are so much better than what any of us are used to. I would anticipate that these young men are drilled similar to military training in that its for the whole and not the individual. With 300 players, 60 seniors, you every single one of these players know exactly what is expected of them. The star QB understands and accepts his role, in the same fashion as the 6th string QB who may never see a down on a Friday night. You and I may have no comprehension as to why an individual would commit to something like this, but then again, it must be more like the military in that 1. You want to see unit success above all else; 2. You are committed to your teammate as much as you are yourself; 3. You accept your role, for what it is Monday through Thursday, not for the pure purpose of Friday.

The number also dictates that you want to be a part of the event and the "Team", it's almost like a social event. In other schools, there is the pep-club and the chess club. At schools like X, you have the Football Club.
I'm not sure it's a good or bad thing for the coaches to have that many boys on one team.
This is the kind of system that produces GREAT athletes. You must come out to practice every single day and give it everything you got. Because if not, there's 4/5 kids right behind you waiting to outplay you for your spot.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I'm not sure it's a good or bad thing for the coaches to have that many boys on one team.
They also have multiple coaches for the various positions and levels. (They have more JV coaches than most KY schools have on their entire staff. Their facilities are something else also. They have two yes two stadiums. The larger one has turf field and the smaller one has grass. The smaller stadium is comparable to most schools field (in seating capacity)
I dont see how having that many players could ever be a bad thing.
nky Wrote:They also have multiple coaches for the various positions and levels. (They have more JV coaches than most KY schools have on their entire staff. Their facilities are something else also. They have two yes two stadiums. The larger one has turf field and the smaller one has grass. The smaller stadium is comparable to most schools field (in seating capacity)

Exactly,
Look at the team picture of the FRESHMAN team:::::

http://www.saintx.com/page.cfm?p=304&tea...lay=Roster
The thread is about the St. X in Cincy, but yeah, the St. X in Loserville is huge as well.
Jarons Wrote:Where did you read this? I would like to see this.

They said that on ESPN, when St. X was playing the #15 sunday.