Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 20 Cov. Holy Cross 14
Competitive game. Belfry's defense with a string of huge stands including 3 deep in their own territory to preserve the victory.
Good victory for the young Pirates!
Arlinghouse 18/37 229 2TD
Jasper 128 receiving, 2 TD

Belfry 52 carries, 324 yards
352 total yards
I thought Belfry's D was a little slow in the opening. Glad to see they got it sorted out. Congrats Coach Haywood!
Congrats to the PIRATES-way to go guys-and how about trey wills,
i'm sure he's going to get alot more nods.
Congrats to the Pirates. Holy Cross was a very solid team
Defense played well when backs were against the wall.. Tyler Williams played a goood game on both sides of the ball. The fullback tandem of Willis and Runyon combined for 167 yds. This was a total team victory. Belfry dodged several bullets. Holy Cross couldn't capitalize. Belfry's defense did a good job pressuring qb enought o rattle him mid ways through second quarter. HC QB was 8-11 early for 136 yds and a td. Then he was like 10 for his next 26 for 97 yds. Belfry improved this week , but they still have ways to go.
Senior quarterback Jerry Arlinghaus finished 16-35 for 206 and two touchdowns for Holy Cross.

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll...308270029/

Wide receiver Josh Jasper had four receptions for 128 yards and caught both touchdowns from Arlinghaus.

Bethel quarterback Tyler Williams went 3-5 for 60 yards and added 71 yards and two touchdowns on the ground.

Holy Cross 0 7 0 7 14
Belfry 0 6 6 8 20

H–Jasper 60 pass from Arlinghaus (Fuller kick)
B–Williams 5 run (kick failed)
B–Runyon 2 run (run failed)
B–Williams 33 run (Francis run)
H–Jasper 26 pass from Arlinghaus (Fuller kick)
Did not see this one happening but I am glad it turned out the way it did.
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:Did not see this one happening but I am glad it turned out the way it did.

Same here...Congrats Pirates!
Nice rebound for the Pirates.
Belfry has some excellent young talent, expect them to challenge for the State title in a year or two.
What changes/tweaks does Belfry make to personnel after this result?

Lots of different guys lining up in the backfield early this season. The good news IMO seems to be the offensive line. Just need some TB's to step up and play at a high level.

From listening to the game on the radio last night, it sounded like Williams was a leader on both sides of the ball. Any chance Warren can contribute at WR as the season progresses?

Love to hear observations/thoughts from some of the Pirate faithful who actually attended the game

TongueirateSho
COngrats Belfry.
Congrats go to the pirates.
Way to go Pirates!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Much improved Pirate team.... with the addition of some of those who were injured thrown into the mix, BHS may suprise some within the next couple of weeks.... Smile

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
A lot of young kids, freshman and sophomores, played for Belfry. Trinity Carr(freshman) had a nice game kicking off and had a beautiful 17 yard run. Sophomore Josh Robinson struggled holding onto the ball, but he is a definite talent and helped put pressure on Arlinghaus all night. The combo of Runyon and Willis at fullback is a definite plus for a couple of reasons: 1) They combined for almost 170 yards and Willis has the real quick burst that Runyon lacks and Runyon runs on power and pretty good speed to plow over people. How about the nickname of Dash and Bash 2) With Willis emerging at fullback, Runyon can rest a little bit on the offensive side of the ball and not have to play every snap both ways. Williams played a smart game offensively and his reads were excellent for the most part. Having Morgan Bentley back this week is huge. His size and strength has been missed. Carroll only needs to be back if he is 100 pct. His versatility on both sides of the ball is key. Getting Howie Dotson back, maybe in a couple of weeks, (though not official) will give the Pirates much more versatility. The Pirates lined up in as many different formations or variations of formations as I have seen in a long time. They rarely went wishbone two tight, but stayed in one, two, or three wides most of the time. Out of these formations, they can still run their smashing running game. The game was a near total turnaround of how they performed against Prestonsburg. I think Belfry can still make some noise this year, but next year is gonna be amazing.